• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Side Scoops

franklinair

What's the difference (if any) between Shelby or C/S side scoops? I just bought a pair (new) off E-Bay 'cause the price seemed SO low.:confused:

Neil

nfrntau

Neil,
The Shelby scoops have smooth edges at the leading edge of the scoop opening and the GT/CS scoops have a witness line. The Shelbys are functional and the GT/CS are not. I cannot comment on the shape because I have never held them side by side.
I believe the witness line is visible if you carfully look at some of the photos in the gallery of scoops. I won't be at the house this evening so won't be able to sent you a photo.
Rgds
Bill

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

OK. This pair has the witness line, and are non functional. Did I do good?:undecided

Neil

clubpro

Neil,

Do your scoops have the pedestal with the bolt mounted in it or is the bolt just epoxied to the back side of the scoop?

Cheers,

Ron

robert campbell

Neil,
I know that the 67 and 68 scoops are different. The quarters a different in the scoop area. A factory Ford scoop has a part number on the inside of the scoop. I have two of them (GT/CS) on the shelf if you want a picture of them. Saving them for that random accident that always seems to happen in my life.....

Rob

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I'll take some photos of these tomorrow.

Neil

(Thanks to Jon for posting photos for me.)

So, what do you think? What did I purchase?

Attachments

• Green GTCS 001.jpg
    Green GTCS 001.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Green GTCS 002.jpg
    Green GTCS 002.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 61
  • Green GTCS 003.jpg
    Green GTCS 003.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

robert campbell

They are repops. But they have a nice factory looking witness line!! Not sure where they are from. Tony Branda usually handles the high quality fiberglass.

Rob

nfrntau

Done good.
Make it a note to point the witness lines out to your body and paint guy. If he doesn't know the're supposed to be there they could go bye bye.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I don't really need them. I just bought them 'cause it looked like such a good deal. Whenever someone might need a set, I'll pass them along.

Neil