• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Looking for Console Radio Knobs

somethingspecial

I am looking for a good pair of radio knobs for a console mounted radio. I am going concours and need a near perfect pair. Does anyone have some? Please let me know and how much. Thanks, Mike

390cs68rcode

I have a set of the outer large NOS ones if you need them. I paid $55 for them so $60 delivered is your price. They are perfect and in the old Ford box. PM me.

Mosesatm

jbsteven said:
I have a set of the outer large NOS ones

Jason, what are the outer large ones? Are you talking about the cone-shaped pieces?

PFSlim

Arlie

The cone shaped pieces are the inner knobs (normally base, etc.). Then you have the long outer knobs that tune and turn the radio on.

Jason - good price on knobs. When I was looking, $120 was the going price, if you could even find a set.

Paul

390cs68rcode

Arlie, yes the cone shaped outer ones.

Paul

you have the inner and outer mixed up. inner is the volume and outer is the fade/treble.

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Jason, are the cone shaped knobs the same as non console mounted radio knobs. I have a complete AM radio, but with the short knobs. Thanks, Mike

PFSlim

I agree with the picture idea. I thought I had it right??? My car is in storage so I can't take a picture but now I am really interested.

Paul

bbeatty

inner or outer???

jbsteven said:
Arlie, yes the cone shaped outer ones.

Paul

you have the inner and outer mixed up. inner is the volume and outer is the fade/treble.

Are we lost in a multi dimensional world here?

We all agree the solid knobs control the on/off/volume and tuning and the cone shape piece does something else. But here’s the confusing part. The long knob fits inside the cone, making it the inner piece but it also sticks out further from the radio making it the outer piece. The large cone is on the outside of the knob where they connect to the radio making it the outer piece but because it is shorter it is also the inner piece.

Is that clear?

PFSlim

bbeatty said:
Are we lost in a multi dimensional world here?

We all agree the solid knobs control the on/off/volume and tuning and the cone shape piece does something else. But here’s the confusing part. The long knob fits inside the cone, making it the inner piece but it also sticks out further from the radio making it the outer piece. The large cone is on the outside of the knob where they connect to the radio making it the outer piece but because it is shorter it is also the inner piece.

Is that clear?

There we go. That is what I am talking about.

Paul

390cs68rcode

from the auction above the outer knobs are the ones on the bottom. when looking at the knobs as if they were installed this is how I get the outer/inner descriptions. let's not make this more difficult than it really is. :grin:

Mustanglvr

So the knobs that are for auction on Ebay are knobs that will fit a radio in a console? What are the knobs supposed to look like from a radio not in a console? Sorry to make this any tougher then it needs to be guys.

Midnight Special

somethingspecial said:
I am looking for a good pair of radio knobs for a console mounted radio. I am going concours and need a near perfect pair. Does anyone have some? Please let me know and how much. Thanks, Mike

Mike, please be on the lookout for an extra set for my black CS as well. By the by... we figured out the brake light problem as a faulty turn signal switch. I've ordered a new one which will arrive next Wednesday. 'Still haven't figured out why the car tried to start itself (under cover and in the garage) a few weeks ago... 'Had me thinking of the movie Christine while wondering who was posessing who! If the Lucas' were to pop on, I'd a' really freaked ;-) Tim

Attachments

• 9th AF -e.jpg
    9th AF -e.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Why not think Christine, The odometer runs backwards anyways. Just think, the more you drive it, the more valuable it gets. It starts itself, all it needs now is oldie music playing on the radio, On second thought, maybe you don't want radio knobs. Ha Ha. Mike

Mosesatm

somethingspecial said:
Why not think Christine, The odometer runs backwards anyways.

Tim, did you buy the black GT/CS from Fresno with the gold stripes?