• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Another Red GT/Cs on EBAY

Mosesatm

Lots of questions.

If it's a real GT/CS the hood and grille have been replaced, and the rear fiberglass has been worked on since the gaps are too even.

68gt390

I sure hope they have a Marti Report somewhere. Several flags on this car not to mention the fog lights. Plus, don't think they offered Burgundy in 68. If I'm not mistaken I think they called it "Royal Maroon" in 68. Car actually has the same build date 15D (15 Apr 68), and paint code "B" (Royal Maroon) as mine. Kinda neat. Maybe they both were sitting on the line at the same time.

Don :grin:

Attachments

• 1968-ford-ppg.jpg
    1968-ford-ppg.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
OP
OP
CALIF GIRL

CALIF GIRL

I telephoned the seller. Asked if he had any documentation that it was a Cal Special. He told me the R in the VIN made it a Cal Special, because San Jose only made trucks and Cal Specials in 68.

I asked about the hood/front end, fog lights and he told me he was told it was a Cal Special and since it has been in storage for 15 years he did not think anyone would have "faked it" that long ago.....

Personally, I am a little suspicious. I wouldn't bid without a Marti.

John McGilvary

I telephoned the seller. Asked if he had any documentation that it was a Cal Special. He told me the R in the VIN made it a Cal Special, because San Jose only made trucks and Cal Specials in 68.

I asked about the hood/front end, fog lights and he told me he was told it was a Cal Special and since it has been in storage for 15 years he did not think anyone would have "faked it" that long ago.....

Personally, I am a little suspicious. I wouldn't bid without a Marti.

I am totally amazed by the sellers statement!!!! Give me a break, every 67or 68 Mustang claims to be a California Special. Maybe they made more than we thought, and had alot of different options. "I DON"T THINK SO" John

donsonn

I'm a little suspicious of this one too. On top of the wrong hood and grill, he is missing the hood lock retainers, and it has the wrong rear valence for a 289 motor (C code). He could get a Marti report in a couple of days. There is no reason to sell a Cal Spec with out one now a days.

John McGilvary

San Jose produced Cal Specials & Trucks in 68

I do not think the seller of this Mustang is going to produce a Marti Report on this car.

Calif Girl, everything he told you on the phone was totaly false, kind of like he was in his own little dream world. I hope we get more to post on this thread. I would like to hear what Jason, Scott, Don ect., have to say.

OP
OP
CALIF GIRL

CALIF GIRL

The car is located pretty close to me. Unfortunatly my work hours have prevented me from going to look at it, and I probably won't be able to before the auction ends.

I did tell the seller I had concerns about the car actually being a GT/CS and told him to check out this site.