• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Deleting Threads?

marie68csmustangs

Can you delete a Thread after it's been posted? And if So, how is it done?
I posted a thread and I hit the submit button and I didn't want it to go - I stopped it. It must have went through. I posted the second one and it went through, and both of them were on there. I tried to delete them. Jon, you have must have read my mind. Because, it was deleted! when I ckecked later..

Thanks,
Marie

admin

Staff member
Administrator
You can not delete your posts. You can edit them, but not delete entirely.

I get rid of duplicates as I see them, but if I don't catch it just go back and edit one to say "please delete" or something similar. That way you won't get 2 discussions going at the same time.

BroadwayBlue

Hey Jon,

I'm able to delete my posts.

The option looks grayed out but it works.

Not sure about threads but posts I've been able to delete. I just tried it again and it works.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sorry. I should have clarified. You can't delete posts if you're the first post. (ie. you can delete a reply to someone's thread, but if you're the thread starter you can't delete the first post in that thread) This avoids people being able to wipe out entire threads, including all replies.