• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Passenger side scoop

Edward Bodoh

Can anyone recommend a good source for an accurate repop side scoop...or does anyone have one laying around? Worth a shot on that one. Long story on needing one...let's just say my dog has a very hard head and is goofy as hell.

I have a couple sources one being Scott drake. Other is way cheaper but never heard of em.

ED.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sorry Ed. I don't have one. But I now have this image in my head of your dog running head first into the side of your Mustang and shattering the scoop! :grin:

Mosesatm

Sorry Ed. I don't have one. But I now have this image in my head of your dog running head first into the side of your Mustang and shattering the scoop! :grin:

And if the dog was goofy before, it's probably really goofy now!

OP
OP
E

Edward Bodoh

Rob it's the passenger side. Pitt bull have hard heads I know. But this guy clipped it from the side not head on. When it fell I was like.....oh no. Must have had a weak spot already. Snapped in half. Unbelievable. That's my buddy.....

Tequila

Ed,
I am sorry to hear about the side scoop. Most likely you will have to rework the repro units. First I bought a left side repro unit for $79 and didn't fit at all. Then I got an NOS piece thinking it would be a better fit but still needs a lot of tweaking. Here's what the NOS piece looks like out of the box. My experience may be an isolated case and others may have had better luck with replacement pieces.

Attached are couple of pics of NOS piece.

Attachments

• scoop2.jpg
    scoop2.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Scoop.jpg
    Scoop.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 42

Ruppstang

I have been very pleased with the fit of the NOS scoops. If you have replacement quarters I would not expect NOS or reproductions to fit out of the box.

robert campbell

Ed,
I let two original GT/CS scoops go with my GNS. I suspect the Tequila may have got a 67 Shelby scoop. Both of mine were original Ford pieces with the correct witness line. Not sure what they are worth or what to offer? I could ask the current owner.

Anyone have an idea what to offer? They are no longer mine.

Rob

OP
OP
E

Edward Bodoh

Thanks Rob. If the current owner was willing to let them go maybe we could figure something out. My bet is they would want to keep them though. No worries as I'm not quite in a hurry to fix just yet. Springtime will change that thought lol. Thanks!!!!!!