• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Draining engine block

BrandonB

How do I go about draining coolent from the engine block? I know there are 2 drain plugs but out of my 2 books combined I have a tiny little picture barely big enough to show the plug. Can someone try and tell me or show me where it is?

Also my engine is a 289.

Thanks in advanced!

rvrtrash

Hey Brandon, got you covered. Since my shiny new engine is still on a stand I took some pictures for you. Check your email. Mine is a 302 but it's the same.
Steve

66 Dearborn HCS

You might consider replacing the plugs with brass petcocks. You can pick'em up at Lowes or Home Depot. It makes it really quick work to get in there with a wrench to crank them open or closed. Most of the roundy round race motors I've seen hav'em instead of the standard plug. You never know when you'll need to drain the block at the track. ;) In fact I helped a guy pull the balancer and water pump off his craftsmen truck yesterday. Those petcocks made draining WAY easier.