• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Are Your Winter Projects Done

6t8-390gt

I am out in my garage cleaning up a bit and FIXING things the judges didn't like on my car last season. Today I'm spraying some undercoating in the front wheelwell section (I skipped it to get the car to some shows last year) and cleaning the car up a bit. There is a show at South of the Border next weekend I'd like to attend.

I also just received a new C-4 transmission for my coupe which will keep me busy for a couple nights.

WHAT HAS EVERYONE ELSE DONE OVER THE WINTER AND HOW ARE THE PROJECTS PROGRESSING?

68sunlitgold

I got some of my projects done on my coupe...completed the interior A/C install, turned out very nice. Also installed new weather stripping, dash pieces and carpet. I had planned on installing power disk brakes but since my car is a daily driver, I could not find the down time to get them in. I guess I will have to wait until I take some vacation time to get to them. Overall, I was happy with my winter projects even if it was not on my CS but my coupe.

Doug

68gt390

Since it's still only in the 30's here haven't been able to do much. Finally got my block, crank and heads back from the machine shop. Other than that stuff is scattered all over the garage and the house. My girlfriend told me the other day all the stuff under the bed has to come out so she can clean (roller rockers, new oil pan, Intake Manifold, electronic ignition, carb etc.) you get the picture. It's a mess. Suppose to be in the low 50's next week. The fun should begin then. :grin:

Don

rvrtrash

Except for a couple of weeks, I've been working 6 day weeks since Nov. so I didn't get much done. Spent most of the little free time repairing rust in my next project, but did get my air cond. compressor freed up and ready to charge and some parts sent in for rechroming. Altogether though, a disappointing winter as far is progress is concerned.
Steve

luisa2552

I think most know my car has been away at the paint shop all winter getting a makeover. I FINALLY got the right rear belts for the kids and they'll be installed Monday, so she's comin' home for good next week!

Mosesatm

Interior is almost finished. New gas tank installed. Now it's time to fix the exhaust leaks, (those infamous donuts) add some power steering fluid and drive it around to see what needs to be fixed.

390cs68rcode

Mosesatm said:
Interior is almost finished. New gas tank installed. Now it's time to fix the exhaust leaks, (those infamous donuts) add some power steering fluid and drive it around to see what needs to be fixed.

cool another CS in Houston on the streets.

twoclassics

Dialing in the rebuilt motor to get optimum performance, just about everything under the hood done except painting the power steering pump the correct color, looking for a 2 barrell manifold to have on hand and a carb. Received the bench seat in the mail last week and got it all stripped down and fixed the mechanics on both seats. Starting to ask a lot of questions pertaining to the interior as my marti says standard blue bench seat, have a parchment interior now, I am going to change next year. At that time I will have a entire parchment interior for sale, I will not have the back seat for sale just the front buckets which are in excellent condion, also a console and original overhead console. Anyway about done for this year and going to enjoy the car Chuck

case12

68gt390 said:
My girlfriend told me the other day all the stuff under the bed has to come out so she can clean (roller rockers, new oil pan, Intake Manifold, electronic ignition, carb etc.) you get the picture. It's a mess.

Don, you really keep an oil pan under your bed? Casey

68gt390

case12 said:
Don, you really keep an oil pan under your bed? Casey

Yep, and it's still in the original plastic. If your wondering it's not a used pan it's new. Before engine block and stuff went to the machine shop, I had a lot of the engine parts under the bed in the spare bedroom. I'm running out of room in the garage. Half of the garage is either spare parts or pieces that I've taken off the two cars but, kept since they are original pieces that go with the cars (exhaust manifolds, intake manifolds, heat shields, snorkels and air cleaners, extra heads, rear end pumpkins, extra valve covers, spare engine and parts). My girlfriend calls it my junk yard. While the CS is out of the garage getting the new engine in it, I plan on cleaning out a lot of stuff that is under both the work benches that needs to go. I may have a garage sale. Kids bikes, pitching machine, mountian bikes etc.

Don :grin:

gt bandit

Hey, Winter whats that ?

suffering long days of 100F plus lately, but I was in Elko Nevada and Wisconsin in late Jan so i get the winter garage thing. Needed my woollies for that quick trip.

PFSlim

So far this winter, I have replaced a speedo. Then, to get ready for World of Wheels, car went up on lift for complete clean job underneath with touch up paint and minor repairs. We also changed out our valve covers, changed out our fuel filter, changed oil and checked fluid levels. For the outside, car got a buff job and touch up paint in a couple of places.

Paul

hookedtrout

Who said winter was over? Still snowing in SE Idaho. Heading out to Moab Utah for some wheeling to get away for a spring break of sorts somewhere that feels like spring...I hope.

Cory

Redwingrobb

Since I got the car only in Feb, my winter was abbreviated. Bought some slotted wheels on Ebay and spent awhile grinding out the rust. Didn't have a sandblaster, so it was all elbow grease. Went Argent with 'em. Got repro beauty rings and GT caps. Going on this week. Should be a nice upgrade. Also, replacing little parts here and there. Man, I'll tell you, the wife already thinks it's a competition between her and the car. Hee hee hee.... :lipsseal: Robb

rvrtrash

hookedtrout said:
Who said winter was over? Still snowing in SE Idaho. Heading out to Moab Utah for some wheeling to get away for a spring break of sorts somewhere that feels like spring...I hope.

Cory

Hey Cory, you've been kind of quiet lately. If you need to get away, you're welcome to join us in Portland for the swap meet April 7-9. The more the merrier and I might need someone to carry my loot for me!:grin:
Steve

hookedtrout

rvrtrash said:
Hey Cory, you've been kind of quiet lately. If you need to get away, you're welcome to join us in Portland for the swap meet April 7-9. The more the merrier and I might need someone to carry my loot for me!:grin:
Steve

I'm still thinking seriously on heading up your way for a couple week vacation this summer some time. If we do we will be pulling the RV and camping it out where ever and when ever we see fit, just not sure between all the fly fishermen coming in that I will head out. How is the heat up North in August?

Cory

rvrtrash

hookedtrout said:
I'm still thinking seriously on heading up your way for a couple week vacation this summer some time. If we do we will be pulling the RV and camping it out where ever and when ever we see fit, just not sure between all the fly fishermen coming in that I will head out. How is the heat up North in August?

Cory

August is usually in the high 80's to 90's. Perfect for going to Silverwood. I might have a Hell's Canyon trip for the first week of August (with luck) just to let you know.
Steve

Diesel Donna

What does this word 'winter' mean????

.........Just me in spring break heaven!

CALIF GIRL

We got a lot of work done this winter. Put on the drip rails, new rear shocks, stock steering wheel, painted an inside door, new door panels, replaced the upper dash trim, replaced a fuel line, extended the exhaust tail pipes. got the marchal lights working, 2 coats of wax.

Still have things to do, but she is coming along nicely.