• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Hood Bumper

Tequila

Hello,
I am trying to figure out whether or not the hood bumpers are attached on the CS cars. I was looking at the following posting and it says on the last bolt on the fender. In looking at some pictures of CS cars I am seeing some of the cars just have a rubber bumpers that mount through the fender and apron to hold the hood even with the fender. I didn't see any round hood bumpers... So I am trying to figure out if a separate hood bumper is needed or whether the hood locks serve it's purpose.
http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12290&highlight=hood+bumper

If anyone could clarify this I would appreciate it. Pictures would be an added bonus.

Thank you.

dalorzo_f

well, photobucket is down so can't post a pic.

The hood locks take the spot the bumpers went in, brackets are added with the Dzus locking springs. The hood bumpers were then relocated to the front-most bolt hole on the fender. They are still needed to provide a snug closed fit, adjust to align hood, then adjust locks.