• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Dashboard Color

darb

The actual metal piece of the dashboard, where the glove box is attached, and the stearing wheel goes down into - does anyone have a clue what color this is?

Mine is fading, dirty - and worn - it could use a quick spray of the new color. Is it flat-black, gunmetal grey, I have no clue. If you know, please get back to me.

-Brad

OP
OP
D

darb

I hear its like an Alkyd Enamel perhaps, is that a color or a type of paint?

Russ

Darb,
The color of the dash/steering column is based upon the interior color, but on your description, it sounds like yu have a black interior (2A code). If your interior is black, then the dash/steering column color is black metalic, and you can buy a spray can of this color from National Parts Depot (p/n AP4464). Hope this helps.

Russ

OP
OP
D

darb

Thank you very much, this well help me respray those areas!