• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Questions - BRAKES AND EXHAUST manifolds

gt bandit

Hello Crew,

Can anyone provide good detail data about the following , hopefully with pictures.

Rear Drum to Disc brake conversion, this car is a bugger to pull up.
I have heard about upgraded drum brakes being just as effective , but not sure about this?

Jason - i have the later CJ intake with the raised Y style casting mark , But i am a little confused about the exhaust manifolds. I have checked the numbers and conferred with the 428 site but I am still confused - Can anyone post photo of the 428 exhaust manifolds it appears that the Heads have 3 bolt holes and the manifolds only 2 ?

Don or Scott - can you post photos of your Headers on your 428cj please , before i purchase i want to make sure they are going to fit.

regards

shaun

68gt390

Shaun;
My 428 CJ heads have 4 bolt holes per chamber. What are your casting #'s on your heads. Mine are C8OE-N-6090. Will be tuff to provide pictures of headers since the engine is already down in the car. Sounds like you may have just streight 428 heads and not CJ heads. Either way, the Hooker Super Comp headers I used we had to drill holes in to even fit my GT390 heads and they bolted right up to my CJ heads. The Hooker Super Comp's are made for the standard 390 head and not the GT head. Not sure if any of this helps. By the way we solved our oil leak problem today and had the car out for several hours. Man does she fly. Big step up from the 390.

Don

OP
OP
gt bandit

gt bandit

68gt390 said:
Shaun;
My 428 CJ heads have 4 bolt holes per chamber. What are your casting #'s on your heads. Mine are C8OE-N-6090. Will be tuff to provide pictures of headers since the engine is already down in the car. Sounds like you may have just streight 428 heads and not CJ heads.
Don

I could be off a little becuase of the paint , but it appears to be
C8OE-6080 - N ?
Maybe the 8 could be a 9 , but its a little hard to tell. I only can see 3 bolt holes though there might be one i cant see from underneath.

The Intake manifold checks out with all the numbers and the little raised bit. I reckon these exhaust manifolds could be Dodgy though.

390cs68rcode

this is what you need, these are correct 68/69 CJ manifolds. www.mansfieldmustang.com

05-14.JPG

390cs68rcode

whenever you have 390/428 questions it is best to go to mansfields's website and check what he has as being correct. He knows his stuff and it is correct.