• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 My new "california special"

di81977

I sold my HCS last year to a wonderful lady in Canada. Been looking for another car and found and bought this one last spring. Car had about 75% of the right conversion items. Pretty complete now thanks to a grille from Mike and Fog lights from Bob. Still got a few more fixes though (289 badges on the front fenders, calif spec script placement, gas cap, fog light pedestals, etc).

This mustang is in excellent condition and has 4 wheel disc brakes, AOD tranny and built 289 (ford racing alum heads, edelbrock intake, holley carb, pertronix ignition, headers). Entered my first car show this weekend and won best in my class.

I am sure there are those that don't like it, but I think it is pretty cool and I love the convertible. There is one other "California Special" Convertible that I know of and it is also in Denver. An amazing triple black with deluxe interior and a 428 with 4spd.

David

Attachments

• Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 84
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 94

rvrtrash

There was a convertible "GT/CS" at the International Meet in Spokane this weekend. It actually looked well done, and like it would be fun to drive. Congrats on your purchase.

Steve

Timmknz

Since you're in Colorado

Cartman says SCHWEEET!
Kenny just died......of jealousy!
Very cool, I always thought those would have been a killer car

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I think it looks great! A glimpse of what Ford could have done to make the GT/CS more "California".

I think for the most part people's dislike about a car like this is only if it's passed off as the real thing.

And congrats on the trophy too!

Doug

Outstanding and Ford should have done one - but maybe they were concerned about their Shelby convertible being confused with it. -- Doug

sam

Looks awesome from the "Live Free or Die" state !
Sam