• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fastback GT/CS Mustang

fes007

I have seen a fastback GT/CS Mustang before. It was just sitting in this person's yard with a wrecked rear quarter panel. The badging on it said GT/CS and it had the side scoops. I used to drive past this car all the time and I noticed that the rear tailights are not the same as a normal mustang. The car was white with red stripes and had a rear spoiler. Has anyone else seen one before?

1fb1gtcs

I'm kind of new to gt/cs mustangs but so far from what I've read here and in books about them I've never heard of a fastback. I think the cs option was hardtop only. What you are seeing is either a copy or- here's a cool thought a shelby with incorrect stripes and badges?! Anyway I have heard of pre 68' high country specials in fastback form. Maybe someone else can shed more light on this?

hookedtrout

No such thing as a true fastback GT/CS. Someone either added the GT/CS items to the car or as was stated maybe it was an undercover Shelby. ;D

Hook

68gt390

[quote author=hookedtrout link=board=1;threadid=1217;start=0#msg6790 date=1101822554]
No such thing as a true fastback GT/CS. Someone either added the GT/CS items to the car or as was stated maybe it was an undercover Shelby. ;D

Hook
[/quote]

Hook - I like the way you put that - "Undercover Shelby."

Don 8)