• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

How do you attach a photo

6t8-390gt

How do you attach a photo to a new thread? I managed the gallery, but the threads are giving me a fit. Thanks in advance.

joedls

1. Click on the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of the reply box.
2. Click on the paperclip icon at the top of the message box.
3. Click on the "Browse" button in the box that pops open.
4. Locate the file you want to attach, paying attention to the size limitations.
5. Click the "Upload" button.
6. After the file uploads, close the box.
7. Click on the "Submit Reply" button at the bottom of the reply box.

Hope this helps. Good luck. You'll need it with my instructions.

OP
OP
6t8-390gt

6t8-390gt

Joe,
Thanks for theresponse, I will try it when I get home from this evenings meeting. I'm going to go back and delete my entries from the restoration forum until I can figure this out.

Danny

Mosesatm

Just click on the "manage attachments" button down towards the lower portion of the page

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I think the "Quick Reply" box screws some people up. It's a nice feature to type a quick response, but doesn't have all the options, like attaching photos. Like Joe said if you click "Go Advanced" then you'll have the features.

Maybe a more straight forward way of doing it is to click the
reply.gif
image. Then the following screen should show up. Click the paperclip to get the upload screen.

help-attachments.jpg

OP
OP
6t8-390gt

6t8-390gt

Jon,
When I click the "post reply" button I get the same window as the "go advanced" on the quick reply. If I got the window you attached I think I would have it. Is it something w/ my system.

Sorry, guys! Thanks for all the help.

Danny

admin

Staff member
Administrator
So you don't have the paperclip icon shown with the red arrow in my screen shot?

OP
OP
6t8-390gt

6t8-390gt

Jon, I do not get that screen at all. When I click the "post reply" button or "start thread" I get the same screen as the "Go Advanced" from the quik reply. With the screen you show I now see how other people are able to insert things on their threads. Should I call you or EMAIL you directly?

Danny

admin

Staff member
Administrator
6t8-390gt said:
Jon, I do not get that screen at all. When I click the "post reply" button or "start thread" I get the same screen as the "Go Advanced" from the quik reply.
That's correct. Both will take you to the same screen, but it should look like the one I posted a screen shot of above.

Do you know how to make a screen shot? If so could you email it to me? I'm trying to figure out why you don't see the same thing everyone else does.

Or email me your forum password and I'll login as you to see what's going on.

BroadwayBlue

I think I got it!!!

Danny,

1) Go to your User Control Panel by clicking on "User CP" above.
2) Click on "Edit Options".
3) Scroll to the bottom to Miscellaneous Options and Message Editor Interface.
4) In the dropdown box make sure Basic Editor is NOT selected.
5) Select either Standard Editor or Enhanced Interface.

If you select Basic Editor you do not get the option to attach pictures ie: no paperclip or other buttons.

I figure it's something to do with a setting on your userid. At first I thought you weren't logged in but your name is next to your posts.

Try it out and let us know.

Here's a screen shot of what I mean.

Attachments

• Editing.JPG
    Editing.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 27

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Rich,

Good point. That would explain why there's no paperclip, although even in "basic editor" mode you can still use the "manage attachments" button as Arlie mentions above. See red arrow below:

Attachments

• Image1.gif
    Image1.gif
    34.4 KB · Views: 18

BroadwayBlue

admin said:
Rich,

Good point. That would explain why there's no paperclip, although even in "basic editor" mode you can still use the "manage attachments" button as Arlie mentions above. See red arrow below:

Mmmmmm .... :ponder::confused: :undecided :surrender

OP
OP
6t8-390gt

6t8-390gt

I now have the screen with the changes Broadway Blue instructed me to make. Thanks to everyone who replied or tried to figure out my problem. Let me see if I can attach a photo. Stand by.

OP
OP
6t8-390gt

6t8-390gt

I have it now, just my file I am trying to upload exceeds the forums limit. Thanks Again for all your help. I also see what Arlie and Jon spoke about with the manage attachments, I was using that, but obviously overlooked the fact that the file was too large.

My college days were before computers and my work does not require alot of advanced computer knowledge. Thanks Again.

Danny