• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 California Special GT/CS

CS121411

I have a 1968 California Special that I have decided to sell. I have owned the car since 1987. When I first got it, I used to drive it alot, but got busy with life, and put it in the garage and that is where it has basically stayed. I think I have put a total of about 10,000 miles on it since I have owned it. I did have the engine and transmission rebuilt, around 1990 by a mustang enthusiast that lived a couple of houses down. He did a great job. Also he restored the engine compartment. I have put two carberators on the car and have the original that came off of it when I replaced the first one. The front seats have been reapolstered but not the back. The same guy that rebuilt the engine was at a swap meet and bought the interior for my car. When I went to have it installed, it was for a convertible and the back seat cover did not fit. I have not completed that yet. I can also tell you that it has bondo around the back window, so I would think that it has been in an accident but do not know how bad. It was like that when I bought it. For the paint, it is dull but will shine up with a little wax. It also has a white top. The car is blue with white strips. I would probably give the car a 6 or 7, but probably dont give it enough credit. I know that when i drive it, I get people always interested in my car. It is really fun to drive and be seen in. If you are interested let me know and we can talk. Oh, it also has the original Marchal fog lights. the mounts are in the grill. I will get some pics up soon.

Thanks and this is my first post.

Steve

classicsguy

What engine and transmission does the car have? Options? Marti report to verify its authenticity will be nice to post to interested buyers. Price?

OP
OP
C

CS121411

Engine is a 302 with a 4 barrel carb. It has an automatic transmission, under dash a/c that I don't know if it was dealer add on or other. Let me get a marti report and validate the cars authenticity and then I will post a price.

Does anyone know if the vinyl top is a factory option or not?

Thanks for the reply

OP
OP
C

CS121411

Lets see if the pictures turn out. I just pulled it out of the garage so it is dirty in the two pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1885.jpg
    IMG_1885.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_1886.jpg
    IMG_1886.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 297
OP
OP
C

CS121411

More pics

Attachments

• IMG_1892.jpg
    IMG_1892.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_1894.jpg
    IMG_1894.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_1887.jpg
    IMG_1887.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 234
OP
OP
C

CS121411

Just ordered the Marti report. Does it really take 3-4 months to get the information or is that just the hard copy in the frame? Does the info I want come in the form of a document across the internet and take a lot shorter time frame?

Thanks

sportyworty

I sent you a message about the car last night.

The Marti comes via PDF to your email. You have to pay extra for the hard copy. You could have paid an extra 15 bucks for expedited service and received the email the same day.

Mosesatm

Just ordered the Marti report. Does it really take 3-4 months to get the information or is that just the hard copy in the frame? Does the info I want come in the form of a document across the internet and take a lot shorter time frame?

Thanks

Which version of the report did you order?

sportyworty

Randy is correct. The Elite is framed with a copy of the build sheet and door data tag and 1 additional break down on the Dlx Report. If you are just trying to confirm the car as a CT/CS and dealer info, build dates etc the Deluxe would be the one to have to sell your car.

OP
OP
C

CS121411

All,

I just got the PDF marti report in my email box. I am excited to tell you that after owning the car for 24 years that this is the first time I can actually say that the car is an authentic california special.

Everyone is correct about the Elite report, it takes months, but they email you the PDF copy to you. It took 3 to 4 days.

Thanks to all.

OP
OP
C

CS121411

I have finally received the Marti Report. Very nice work. Here is the breakdown
4,118 CS's
962 had 302-4v
658 with Auto Trans
72 Acapulco Blue
38 Standard bucket seats
4 had Parchment Vinyl Roofs
2 with power disc Brakes
1 of them had a heater.

The only thing I can thing of was that the car did have a inline water heater for cold weather. Is this what they are talking about when they say "1 of them had a heater",
and if so why is it not listed on the dealer window sticker as an option?

Any info would be great.

Thanks in advance

OP
OP
C

CS121411

Sorry.. Went to sleep...... for about 3 years. :) Here is the serial number.

8R01J139344 Just posted the marti report in the forum area where everyone else posted theirs.

OP
OP
C

CS121411

Pics of Mustang

Here is a couple of pics of the car.

Attachments

• Steve's IPhone 12042011 046.jpg
    Steve's IPhone 12042011 046.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Steve's IPhone 12042011 045.jpg
    Steve's IPhone 12042011 045.jpg