• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Rear Window Trim

Mosesatm

When I bought my GT/CS I also received a bunch of extra parts. Some of the parts were some rear window trim pieces. When I compared the extra trim parts to the parts on my car I noticed that the bottom holes do not line up. Any ideas why?

Last edited:

gtcs1

Mine is like the one on your car, both sides.

I could only guess this is a repro part which has holes drilled in a different location, to cater for a body sheet metal that has its holes elongated, so you can drill a new hole in the body sheet metal to have a "fresh" mounting hole.

May be this happens often, where the thread runs in the sheet metal gets worn.

My guess

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Good idea. That would get the new holes completely away from the old ones. There is no Ford number on it so it could be a repro.

mmarsalone

Arlie,

I had to check the one on my car. My CS has the same one as yours. So I checked my 67' coupe and it's the same as the other one in the picture. So there may have been a change between 67' and 68', or there is a difference for cars with vinyl roofs. Maybe someone like Jeff Speagle would know.

Mike

Trap68

390cs68rcode said:
I was thinking the 67 to 68 change maybe?

Looking at the Assembly Manual for the 68 Mustang, they list the part as:

C7ZB-6542478-9

which would inidcate that the molding carried over from 67 with no change. Looking at mine, which is from a car that had a vinyl roof, the bottom hole matches up to the one that is not attached Arlie's car.