• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Carlisle All Ford Show 4-6 June

RacingFan

How many of us are heading up for the Carlisle Show? I am going to drive mine up. Any interest in finding a common hotel and linking up? Thanks,

Dave

OP
OP
R

RacingFan

For all those that are interested, here is some more info on the show:

Website address is www.carsatcarlisle.com or you can call 717-243-7855 for more information.

There is a great article about the upcoming show in the June 2004 issue of Mustang and Ford Trader.

The show will be the 40th Anniversary Show for both the Mustang and the Ford Thunderbolt.

The new Ford Cobra concept car will be there, as well as the Bronco Concept, a CONVERTIBLE 2005 Mustang and the Lincoln Mark X roadster.

Registration per vehicle is running $35 up to 19 days prior to the show and $45 thereafter. This includes passes for two people and a goody bag with t-shirts , etc.

Carlisle has done a great job rounding up some special interest Mustangs for display: a few notable ones are the 68 GT/CS, ;D, Limited Edition 600 (?), a Sidewinder, a Twister Special, and possible a Stallion.

They are expecting about 2000 cars. The sale lot and the venders there are GREAT. I think Nashville was very HIGH, but Carlisle is usually more reasonable!

If I can help anymore, please email me at daspencer63@cox.net

OP
OP
R

RacingFan

I made reservations at the Econolodge in Carlisle for the weekend (Friday and Saturday nights, check out Sunday) I have three extra non-smoking rooms that run $109.95 per night. I tried a half a dozen other hotels in the area, and this was the best price I could get. These rooms are equipped with microwave, iron, coffee maker, etc. They are also the sister hotel with the Clarion, which has pool, sauna, work out room, restaurant, etc, and can be used when staying at the Econolodge. Let me know if anyone is interested. First come first serve! Email me at daspencer63@cox.net or call me at 757-871-0777

2 time

Will be staying at the Sleep Inn, best price I could get was $113 a night, hotels are finally catching on to the show dates.
I'm driving my 66 coupe up. I usually end up at a go cart track or putt-putt golf course in the evening ( I know not very exiting). Maybe we can get a meet time as the VMF site guys do.

Ernie

[quote author=RacingFan link=board=1;threadid=879;start=0#msg4849 date=1082471721]
How many of us are heading up for the Carlisle Show? I am going to drive mine up. Any interest in finding a common hotel and linking up? Thanks,

Dave
[/quote] :) ;)

MArndt2001

After our showing in Nashville, I'm ready to go to Carlisle and do it right. I want to drive in together with you guys and park side by side by side with my fellow GT/CS-ers.

I'm planning on driveing up Saturday from Fredericksburg, VA. Any chance on getting together outside the fairgrounds and ROARING up to the registration booth together?

Dave, Please put me down for a room, if one is still available. I'll contact you separately, as you requested about this.

By the way, I had the Lime Gold, six cylinder in Nashville.

Mike

rjw

Mike,
Was your car at the host hotel and had white stripes? I saw one in the parking lot at the host hotel but could never find it at the show.
Richard

MArndt2001

rjw,
No that wasn't my car. Mine has black strips and stayed on the viewing grounds all weekend.

Eastcoast

I believe that was my car, I will also be at the show but I'm not sure wether I will bring that one or not. I am considering selling that but it may be gone before the show.

Dave

68gt390

Well folks it's getting close to that time. June 4, 5, and 6th will be here before we know it. I know there are a few of us staying at the Econo Lodge and at the Sleep Inn.

Would be great to set plans for everyone to meet at one central location and all register at the fairgrounds together. Just need to know how many folks would be interested in doing that. I plan on leaving Columbus, Ohio early Friday morning and will be in Carlise early afternoon.

Anyone interested.

Don ;) ;D