• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fabulous Fords Forever 2007 - What date?

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Does anyone know then the Fab Fords show is this year? I'm trying to plan a trip around it, but need to book now. I checked their official web page, but it still has info from this year's show.

Thanks!

Diesel Donna

Jon, all I know is that it is always in April.....usually the third weekend. Maybe you can call the Ford club that sponsers it. It should be listed on the website for Knott's. Worth a try.

P

PNewitt

Since the picnic at the Jewell's went so well, I would like to propose that we have some sort of dedicated GT/CS and HCS event--within the Knott's show. This could be a precurser for the 40th anniv. drive/event for 2008. It would also include the 2007/2008 GT/CSs, too (and CE, SDS, SCS).

For example, why not have some sort of get together at a park or home (ranch??), with a BBQ, etc., on the Saturday before the Knott's show the next day?

It would be great of we could have a group of No. Calif. cars (and from the east, Vegas, Arizona, New Mexico,etc.) that could drive down together to L.A. on highway 5, or via the scenic route--101.

We could also get a block of rooms somewhere at an Orange County motel, too (or maybe a nice motel with a BBQ and pool?--or a catered food/social hour? Dinner?)

This could be a really big event for us--and be a very impressive sight for the Knott's folks, too, when we all drive in together...(50 cars? More?).

What do you all think? We'd need to So. Calif. owners' help, too.

Paul N.

joedls

PNewitt said:
Since the picnic at the Jewell's went so well, I would like to propose that we have some sort of dedicated GT/CS and HCS event--within the Knott's show. This could be a precurser for the 40th anniv. drive/event for 2008. It would also include the 2007/2008 GT/CSs, too (and CE, SDS, SCS).

For example, why not have some sort of get together at a park or home (ranch??), with a BBQ, etc., on the Saturday before the Knott's show the next day?

It would be great of we could have a group of No. Calif. cars (and from the east, Vegas, Arizona, New Mexico,etc.) that could drive down together to L.A. on highway 5, or via the scenic route--101.

We could also get a block of rooms somewhere at an Orange County motel, too (or maybe a nice motel with a BBQ and pool?--or a catered food/social hour? Dinner?)

This could be a really big event for us--and be a very impressive sight for the Knott's folks, too, when we all drive in together...(50 cars? More?).

What do you all think? We'd need to So. Calif. owners' help, too.

Paul N.

I may be able to arrange something in South Orange County. If everyone is OK with that, I'll look into using my HOA facilities. There's a clubhouse, pool, spa, lake....

P

PNewitt

Hi Joe,

Sounds like a good idea. I think "we" should form some sort of group in So. Cal. to figure out the details--and maybe make some reservations in advance.

In a two-four weeks, I'll be doing my book mailer, and I can send a note to everyone interested about the Knott's show, and to come to this site to find out more about it.

I'd like to see at least 50 cars show up this year.

Stay Tuned!

Paul.

Diesel Donna

Jon,
The 2007 show is on Sunday April 22. Celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Deuce Coupe and other anniversary marques including the Cougar.

Registration forms should be available on the website www.fordcarclubs.org
in mid January.

~~~~Donna

CougarCJ

Donna is correct, I visited with my friend that is on the Ford Council. Lots of delays this year for Fab Ford, Ford has reduced their funding quite a bit for this year. I think that they also have a new Ford Council president.

You can almost always count on the Fabulous Fords Forever show to be on the same weekend and the Long Beach Grand Prix:confused:

P

PNewitt

This is a real longshot--but I could see about us having a luncheon on the Saturday before the show--at the Century Plaza Hotel; the same place they held the unveiling of the GT/CS on Feb 15, 1968.

I got to know the nice folks there, and it could be proposed to them. It could be possible to have a quick, guided tour of the ballroom where it all happened, too. It looks a lot like it did in 1968. The CP Hotel is a high-end luxury hotel.

Just a thought,

Paul N.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Donna. I was afraid it was early in the month like this year. I'm 95% sure I'll be able to go.:cool:

If we can make this a big event I'm all for that. Even the relatively small, informal gathering we had last year was a lot of fun.