• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Scheduled -vs- Actual Build Date

68sunlitgold

I was wondering what other CS owners had in scheduled versus actual build dates. My car was scheduled for 16 Feb and was actually done on 29 Feb, 13 days behind (this information was given via Marti Auto works report). Another question related to build dates is, does anyone know if the CS cars where pulled from the assemble line if they were waiting for the CS parts. I ask this because I have another '68 coupe that the VIN # is 250 behind my CS and has the same scheduled build date but the actual build date is 23 Feb, only 7 days behind. Was my CS pulled off the line? Where cars with later VIN # built ahead of lower # on the assembly line? ??? ???
Doug

Doug57

Mine was scheduled for March 13,was produced one day ahead of schedule March 12. :)

C160223

Mine was scheduled for May 13, but was built on April 30.... 13 days ahead of schedule.

As for the Doug' question "Where cars with later VIN # built ahead of lower # on the assembly line?"
I believe the VIN made no difference in what order the car was made, so a car with a higher vin could have been made before a car with a lower vin.

John

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

John,
So how where VIN # assigned? When an order was placed?
And I can see that my CS is made during the "push" to get the first cars off the line so that will explain why my car is 13 days behind schedule.
Doug

Talan423

my car was also one day ahead of schedule, it was scheduled to built on march 13th but was built on the 12th. the last 5 numbers of my vin are 49780, what are the last 5 of Doug57's car? ours were bulit on the same day, maybe this could tell us something.
i don't know if ford has the same system for assigning vin's now as they did in 1968, but i work for ford at the michigan truck plant and watch expeditions and navigators go by all day and from what i see, the last #'s of the vin's aren't in any type of sequential order at all.

bish

My HCS was scheduled for build on 7/17/68
It was actually built on 7/2/68 -- 15 days ahead of schedule.
Mine was ordered as dealer stock for Courtesy Ford in Denver. How about you guys?

hcsstang

My HCS was scedule for build on 7/2/68
It was actually build on 6/20/68 twelve days ahead of scedule. My car was ordered from Courtesy Ford in Denver.

rjw

Mine was produced 3/27/68--two days ahead of schedule.

Attachments

• line1_small.jpg
    line1_small.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 399