• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale: Stevenson GT/CS

aemoo28

Yay Donna! Is your 1928 a bungalow like mine?

The circle of life is this: I sold my '66 289 coupe (67,000 original miles) to pay for the bathroom restoration. However, I used my L.O.C. to buy my '08GT/CS. Now instead of buying a '68 GT/CS, I must restore the exterior cedar shingles, rebuild 28 original wood window frames, and rebuild the entire back porch. Took this pic a few years ago.

attachment.php

Attachments

• bungalow in snow small size.jpg
    bungalow in snow small size.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 93

Diesel Donna

Amy,
Mine is similar to yours, I call it Craftsman style but could also be called a bungalow. The whole neighborhood goes on for miles with Craftsman and Victorian homes and is designated a historical district.
My house has a mix of new and old...I prefer old. But I had no objection to the updated electrical, plumbing, and water main. It is even retrofitted for earthquakes...meaning the house is tied to the foundation. I figure this place has stood for 80 years so....
I have a 36" wide fifties Wedgewood stove that came with the house but out in the garage I have a deeee~luxe 40" fifties O'Keefe and Merritt of my own. The hardwood floors in two rooms are original as is the linoleum floor in the master bedroom. Parking is a little tight though! It has a narrow single lane driveway that goes to the rear of the property and a detached double garage. I play musical cars whenever I need one of the classics. I have LOTS of trees, flowers, and shrubs that are blooming big time now.
I had a big house for 20 years and a back yard the size of a football field but I don't need all that. Next stop will be a place in the country...a cabin or farm...for retirement and travel!

~~~~Donna

aemoo28

Well although I'm the block captain and am proud of my house, I HATE the trashy neighbors. I've let my mom know (a realtor) that the 2nd thing I'm going to do with my graduated RN income is look for a different area of Ballard to live in. Must have a two car garage- which is hard to find around here. Car #1-my '08 GT/CS #2-can you guess...? CORRECT!! A '68 GT/CS!! It's first on my list. My #3 car, my Ford Escape, can park anywhere, who cares...

Shoot, where's the Twister gonna go?

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Okay. So, if you folks are done talking about your houses, can we get back to the regular scheduled thread?? (Ha, ha)

(okay - now this is where someone posts a message whereas an offer comes forward for my GT/CS)

Paul

BroadwayBlue

Okay. So, if you folks are done talking about your houses, can we get back to the regular scheduled thread?? (Ha, ha)

(okay - now this is where someone posts a message whereas an offer comes forward for my GT/CS)

Paul

I'll give you Boardwalk, Park Place and a Get Out of Jail Free card! :cool:

Diesel Donna

uh....I don't have enough money to buy your car. I can't even pass GO and collect $200.00

aemoo28

I'm sorry! I have this home equity LOC that I keep using to buy GT/CS cars! I ought to be putting it back into the house, but you know how it is...

Can I use the excuse that I'm new to this forum?

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Amy

I was just kidding. Steve is right - it is more fun to watch where the thread goes then try to look back and figure out how it went there. Mostly, Donna is responsible for taking it off track!! :)

Paul

Diesel Donna

::::::pouting::::::tears rolling down her face:::::hurt expression

Oh BITE ME!!!

Hahahahaaaaaaa! :grin:

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

I realize the market has tanked on many of the restored cars. However, I am still willing to listen to an offer on our GT/CS. Please send a PM if interested.

Thanks in advance

Paul

jk89cat

100 bucks a month for the rest of my life? i would love to have this car paul .its not in my fiscial future to do so. i think a 30ish price is online with what out there and the market though

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

100 bucks a month for the rest of my life? i would love to have this car paul .its not in my fiscial future to do so. i think a 30ish price is online with what out there and the market though

Thanks, I appreciate that. We have the body to my new cobra and expect the frame soon. Body work is progessing. Someday, won't have enough space in the garage. Still enjoy driving the GT/CS over to work on my new Cobra.

Paul