• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 hcs

DSO51

Dedicated forum members,

Craig Dunn (DSO51) here. Long time member, frequent visitor and infrequent poster of late.

In the very near future, my 1968 High Country Special will be coming up for sale. This car was previously owned and restored by Bob Teets <Thanks for the excellent work Bob and for all the information you shared with me over the past 7 years!>. This is the same car featured in the March 1997 Mustang Monthly.

I wanted to reach out to the members of this forum prior to posting on eBay, Craigslist, etc. to see if there was any interest.

I will be pulling the HCS out of storage to take some new pics soon and to get it detailed prior to aggressively trying to sell it.

That said, the HCS is in very good condition and hasn't caused me any issues since I purchased it in 2003.

I have the Marti report, of course, as well as the original Paul Newitt Registry, misc parts, i.e. GT center caps (I know they are not original but I like the look), owners manual, 8 track tape player, Receipts going back 15 years, and more, to go with the car.

It is a consistent show favorite and has taken home quite a few awards (best in class, Judges choice, award of excellence and so on) that currently decorate my office. She is not a trailer queen but is an older restoration that still turns many heads.

Why am I getting rid of it?
In all honesty - my family (2 pre-teen sons) is just too busy for me to take the time and effort that I use to take in preparing for the weekend shows and late evening drives, etc. I'd like to see it go to someone who will appreciate the car as much as I have and for it to find a good home. I haven't taken it out one time this year and as I sit here typing it confirms that is not the way to treat a car like this.

Additionally, for the true HCS enthusiast, I have a 1967, C code/4-speed, that I will be getting rid of also. She definitely needs some work (I had planned on restoring this one for my youngest son) but when I parked her she ran and shifted well. I have the Marti report to confirm her authenticity.

If there is some real interest I might be talked into a "buy one, get one free" deal. Heck, I'll even throw in a set of torque thrust rims to sweeten the deal.

All that said, I'm not certain what I'll price the car at yet but I thought I'd start here with the fine folks that would appreciate her most.

I'd be more than happy to provide you as much information as you need if you are truly interested.

I've attached one pic, with more to come, from the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup a few years back when she won an award of excellence.

Attachments

• RMMR.jpg
    RMMR.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 389

hicountrybob

Dedicated forum members,

Craig Dunn (DSO51) here. Long time member, frequent visitor and infrequent poster of late.

In the very near future, my 1968 High Country Special will be coming up for sale. This car was previously owned and restored by Bob Teets <Thanks for the excellent work Bob and for all the information you shared with me over the past 7 years!>. This is the same car featured in the March 1997 Mustang Monthly.

I wanted to reach out to the members of this forum prior to posting on eBay, Craigslist, etc. to see if there was any interest.

I will be pulling the HCS out of storage to take some new pics soon and to get it detailed prior to aggressively trying to sell it.

That said, the HCS is in very good condition and hasn't caused me any issues since I purchased it in 2003.

I have the Marti report, of course, as well as the original Paul Newitt Registry, misc parts, i.e. GT center caps (I know they are not original but I like the look), owners manual, 8 track tape player, Receipts going back 15 years, and more, to go with the car.

It is a consistent show favorite and has taken home quite a few awards (best in class, Judges choice, award of excellence and so on) that currently decorate my office. She is not a trailer queen but is an older restoration that still turns many heads.

In all honesty - my family (2 pre-teen sons) is just too busy for me to take the time and effort that I use to take in preparing for the weekend shows and late evening drives, etc. I'd like to see it go to someone who will appreciate the car as much as I have and for it to find a good home. I haven't taken it out one time this year and as I sit here typing it confirms that is not the way to treat a car like this.

Additionally, for the true HCS enthusiast, I have a 1967, C code/4-speed, that I will be getting rid of also. She definitely needs some work (I had planned on restoring this one for my youngest son) but when I parked her she ran and shifted well. I have the Marti report to confirm her authenticity.

If there is some real interest I might be talked into a "buy one, get one free" deal. Heck, I'll even throw in a set of torque thrust rims to sweeten the deal.

All that said, I'm not certain what I'll price the car at yet but I thought I'd start here with the fine folks that would appreciate her most.

I'd be more than happy to provide you as much information as you need if you are truly interested.

I've attached one pic, with more to come, from the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup a few years back when she won an award of excellence.

Oh, Craig, what a fine car that was and is. To boot, it's one of very few '68 HCS cars with factory deluxe interior. Craig, I'll give you a call tomorrow. Maybe I can take this one West for a very lucky buyer. PS, I only sold this HCS and a '66 fastback because I thought I needed this "68 KR fastback which was a rattle trap, 4 speed car, (try going on an errand at lunch time eating a Wendy's with a drink and fries, cell phone rings, shifting gears in traffic but I thought I needed to drive it to work to get my kicks each morning. Bob Teets here.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Craig,

Very nice car indeed. Sorry to see her go, but I'm sure it will find a good home.

Good luck with the sale!

hotrodgrany

Dedicated forum members,

This would be great one to add to my collection.

OP
OP
D

DSO51

So much for the very near future

Despite my good intentions it took me longer to prepare myself to sell my HCS then I intended. However, it is officially on the market now. Aside from the information listed previously, this HCS has power steering, power disk brakes, dual exhausts stock and a 4bbl carb, electronic ignition, all done correctly and while improving performance does not do anything to take away from the completely stock look of the car. I'm currently sporting GT caps (because I like the look) but have the plain caps to go with the car. I'll also throw in a copy of the 1997 Mustang Monthly that this car is in.

I'm putting this car on the board classifieds first prior to selling via other means in an effort to put it in the hands of someone who I know would appreciate it.

Price is:$19,500

Preferred way (initially) to contact me is via email - crdunn66@gmail.com

Attachments

• IM001810.jpg
    IM001810.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 142
  • IM001803.jpg
    IM001803.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 188
  • IM001805.jpg
    IM001805.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IM001801.jpg
    IM001801.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 139
  • IM001799.jpg
    IM001799.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 145
  • IM001797.jpg
    IM001797.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IM001796.jpg
    IM001796.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IM001794.jpg
    IM001794.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 159
  • IM001817.jpg
    IM001817.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 174
  • Marti.jpg
    Marti.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 200

franklinair

If I weren't in the middle of re-doing my current CS, I'd be jumpin all over this one.

Neil

classicsguy

I e mailed Craig and informed me that both cars; The 1968 HCS and the 1967 HCS are both sold.