• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Dual vacuum advance on 302 with AC

murf104

I am new poster, but long time lucker. Trying to figure out if a 302 with factory air conditioning did or did not have a a distributor with the dual diaphram vacuum advance unit. Several sources indicate that only the single diaphram unit was used, but looking at some pretty original examples it seems that at least some have the dual diaphram. The car in question is 155374, build date of April 04, has PS, PB, AC, C4, Swing Away, 3.00 axle. If some of you could checkk out how your car is equipped and share the information it wold be a big help. Thanks

rvrtrash

Mine's not in the shop at the moment to verify, but I'm positive it's a single advance distributor (302/auto/air).

Steve

franklinair

What does the shop manual and/or vacuum diagram say? I seem to recall dual vacuum for an A/C, A/T V-8.

Neil

GTCSMustang

1968 302-4V Mustang Auto (with or without air) had a single vacuum advance. 4-speeds were dual.

Scott