• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966-67 HCS 1967 High Country Special Question

classicsguy

Does the Marti report on a 1967 HCS must say High Country Special on the options list?

I got the Marti on a 1967 that was advertised for sale in the classifieds here and although it says ordered from Denver DSO and has special order paint it does not say it is a HCS.

It says however that its a SPRINT MODEL

Vin#7R01T226066

Is this car an HCS?

franklinair

Luis;
Check the main page here "How to Identify". It gives the info you're looking for.

Neil

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Thanks Neil!! By the information supplied apparently its an HCS although it does not say it in the Marti.

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Bob I remembered that once a member of this forum had a 1967 HCS for sale and I ordered Marti report and where it says: Vehicle was ordered with the following options it stated: high country special....
The owner of the one I am talking about bought it in 1969 and she has kept it all these years so I believe its the real thing just based on that but since the hcs option is not listed...did not know what to think.

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Note: It does NOT say LOCAL PROMOTION...but its a Sprint Model...Just wondering if Sprint Models had special order paint,I dont think so...

hicountrybob

no!!!!!!!!!!!

I may have to eat that NO, because all the Marti's I have for '67 HCS Mustangs state the following= ORDER TYPE LOCAL PROMOTION. Most state High Country Special on last line of the equipment listing. Also, I note that if a sprint group pkg. is listed (on the top line of the equipment listing, that the High Country Special listing is at the bottom also in ONLY 2 cars so far. i DON'T HAVE THIS SUBJET CAR IN THE REGISTRY ,but it does fit, number-wise, in line w/ 2 others. Send me the 2nd line off your door tag, will you, please and I'll put it in the registry? Thanks, Bob Teets here, at 303-424-3866

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Bob I do not own the car but under DSO says 515253 Denver ordering district under special order 5233
Also says Special Paint Ford#unknown
Hope it helps

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

I am starting to think that this car is a SPORTS SPRINT and they often came with the new special colors for 1967:
Diamond Green
Diamond Blue
Dusk rose
Playboy Pink
Metallic Purple

The owner told me that she purchased in 1969 as a HCS and she has had it all these years... More uncertainty with this car.

hicountrybob

I am starting to think that this car is a SPORTS SPRINT and they often came with the new special colors for 1967:
Diamond Green
Diamond Blue
Dusk rose
Playboy Pink
Metallic Purple

The owner told me that she purchased in 1969 as a HCS and she has had it all these years... More uncertainty with this car.

I've read over the years that the sports sprint pck. for '67 Mustangs was a chrome air lid on the carb, rocker moldings, padded shifter handle on C-4's, trunk moldings, MORE???? I've never heard of these special colors you mention tied to the sports sprint. Where did this info surface? You may want to get to Tony Popish who does the special color registry and see what's what, but I'd bet my life this car is a HCS. Send me the vin. tag info, please and lets check this out a little further. Thanks, Bob here.

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

The Sports sprint colors information was gathered from a google search (1967 Sports Sprint)

Door tag: 65A - 2A 27F 515233 3 1

Hope this helps

95RCode

I've read over the years that the sports sprint pck. for '67 Mustangs was a chrome air lid on the carb, rocker moldings, padded shifter handle on C-4's, trunk moldings, MORE???? I've never heard of these special colors you mention tied to the sports sprint. Where did this info surface? You may want to get to Tony Popish who does the special color registry and see what's what, but I'd bet my life this car is a HCS. Send me the vin. tag info, please and lets check this out a little further. Thanks, Bob here.

Just got the MARTI Report for my '67 and it was pretty much the same thing. It was a local promotion car that we feel was a HCS. Talked to High Country Bob today on the phone also. Great guy to talk with. Sent him my Marti Report so he could compare it with others he has.

My car was a basket case when I got it. Had been previously wrecked and two new ford fenders were put on it and none of the emblems were reinstalled. Not even the 289 or M U S T A N G emblems. I could see reminants of the Aspen Gold color it once was.

It's to bad the report didn't list it, but not too concerned. I have using the car at the drag strip for the last 10 years or so. I've owned it about 17 years. Haven't really cut it up in any way. Really set up like a stock eliminator type car with stock suspension. It has a 393W and Jerico 4-speed in it right now and last ran 10.40's on pump gas.

In the process of putting it back on the street again. I have some old 68 1/2 CJ hubcaps to put on some steel wheel that I plan on painting to match the current silver color that is on the car.

Sorry to be so long winded, kinda got carried away. Thought some of you might be interested in the cars VIN info. First post btw.

Thanks,
James

J_Speegle

A little off topic so forgive me, but is Bob tracking/documenting the 66 High Country Specials. Found one - possibly (what was left of it) in a yard and thought I should pass the VIN to whomever is collecting them.

somethingspecial

Jeff, I am tracking GT/CSs so any you find Dead or Alive, please let me know the VIN and door data if available. As far as the HCSs, if it is a 68', I'll track it, but any other year needs to go to Bob. Mike

whodat

Somebody found one on the vintage mustang forum along with other mustangs. I asked him to send you the vin.

dalorzo_f

Thought the HCS was a local promotion, just the badges tacked on to, basically, a custom color car. Was not sure Ford would have noted it?

Thought it was kinda like the other local promo types; ski country special, bluebonnet special, twister special, cardinal special, etc. and were just dealer gigs with stickers/decals/badges that the dealer would apply and would not trigger a Ford option on the Mustang build?

Mosesatm

Since the custom color was applied at the factory Ford may have a record of it.