• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Marchal Comparison

nfrntau

Hey All,
I was switching my 656's for a pair of 658's and got curious what the difference was. So I left one of each side of the car waited until dark. Wow, what a difference. The 658 is on the drivers side.
On the head on shot, look how clear the outline of the 658 light is. On the garage door, well that one is pretty much self explained.
The 656 has the original bulb, not sure what the watts are. The 658 has 55W blue xenon bulbs.
For those of you who may not know. The 656 is the stock lamp (for those with Marchals) and the 658 was the driving lamp available from Marchall at the same time yet never used by Ford on our GT/CS's. I also have a set of the amber lights but haven't played with those yet.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 35
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 34
  • c.JPG
    c.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 34
  • d.JPG
    d.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 24

PonyGal

Wow! What a difference!! Thanks for posting that. You learn something new every day, especially around here!

robert campbell

Not to high jack a thread, but I need one Marchal lens. One of mine has been cracked for years. Anyone got a good lead or want to sell one?

Rob

68gt390

Hey All,
I was switching my 656's for a pair of 658's and got curious what the difference was. So I left one of each side of the car waited until dark. Wow, what a difference. The 658 is on the drivers side.
On the head on shot, look how clear the outline of the 658 light is. On the garage door, well that one is pretty much self explained.
The 656 has the original bulb, not sure what the watts are. The 658 has 55W blue xenon bulbs.
For those of you who may not know. The 656 is the stock lamp (for those with Marchals) and the 658 was the driving lamp available from Marchall at the same time yet never used by Ford on our GT/CS's. I also have a set of the amber lights but haven't played with those yet.

Haven't posted for awhile but, saw this one and had to reply. I to run the 658 lights on my car and have since I swaped them out back in 2004 when I first obtained the car. It is like night and day between the 656 and the 658. I also like the looks of them much better (sharper and much cleaner looking).

Don

68gt390

Not to high jack a thread, but I need one Marchal lens. One of mine has been cracked for years. Anyone got a good lead or want to sell one?

Rob

Rob;
I'll check my stash under the bed and see what I have. Haven't even had the box's out for sometime but, maybe it's time I take a look see to see what I have. Will let you know.

Don

Ruppstang

The lenses are cracked on the Lucas fog lights on my HCS. Does anyone know where I can find sone replacements? Marty

Mosesatm

I don't have any fog lenses left but if anyone wants some driving light lenses I can hook you up real cheap.

The best way I've found to acquire fog lenses at a reasonable price is to watch eBay for a grungy set of black-backed lights. Pick them up for $25 or so, keep the lenses and throw away the housings.

68gt390

Don, Would love to buy one!! Or two! Or two complete assemblies!

Rob

Rob;
Pulled out the box's and all I've got is the housings - no lenses. Don't know if you've ever checked the below site. Pete Geisler at Orlando Mustang deals a lot in both Marchals and Lucas lights. I bought a pair from him several years ago. Don't know if he still does it but, if you've got an old pair that needs reworked he takes them in on trade on a refurbished set. Email - orlmust@aol.com

www.orlandomustang.com

Sorry I couldn't help with the lenses.

Don

dpheyes

I am in need of two of the Marchal housing "trim rings". The part that holds the lenses in. I have the original lights, but some idiot mangled the trim rings in order to make a set of aftermarket lights fit in the housings. If anyone has them, please let me know.

Thanks,
Doug in AK

hookedtrout

I am in need of two of the Marchal housing "trim rings". The part that holds the lenses in. I have the original lights, but some idiot mangled the trim rings in order to make a set of aftermarket lights fit in the housings. If anyone has them, please let me know.

Thanks,
Doug in AK

Once you get them fixed we need to hunt down the mangler and explain a few things to him. ;-)

Cory

robert campbell

Rob;
Pulled out the box's and all I've got is the housings - no lenses. Don't know if you've ever checked the below site. Pete Geisler at Orlando Mustang deals a lot in both Marchals and Lucas lights. I bought a pair from him several years ago. Don't know if he still does it but, if you've got an old pair that needs reworked he takes them in on trade on a refurbished set. Email - orlmust@aol.com

www.orlandomustang.com

Sorry I couldn't help with the lenses.

Don

Don,
My one lens has a hole in it.. Hard to refurbish a hole?? My housings are in need of new chrome. Want to sell yours?

Rob

Mustanger

Don,
My one lens has a hole in it.. Hard to refurbish a hole?? My housings are in need of new chrome. Want to sell yours?

Rob

Rob,

Replacing the glass would be ideal, but if you're interested in repairing a hole in the glass, then how about using some of that filler-stuff that the windshield repair guys use??? ... It might be worth a try :thumb: ...

CougarCJ

I have a couple of friends in the know, that say searching on eBay UK for Marchal or Lucas lights often time yields some deals.
This is the secret of many of the online vendors.:grin:

Mosesatm

I have a couple of friends in the know, that say searching on eBay UK for Marchal or Lucas lights often time yields some deals.
This is the secret of many of the online vendors.:grin:

Very true, but there is one little goofy thing to watch out for with UK purchases. I've purchased quite a few sets of Lucas lights from the UK and have found that our friends across the pond apparently had a law that required the inside light (nearest to oncoming traffic) to be a fog light while the outside light could be a driving light, so please don't automatically assume the lenses will match each other.

CougarCJ

Very true, but there is one little goofy thing to watch out for with UK purchases. I've purchased quite a few sets of Lucas lights from the UK and have found that our friends across the pond apparently had a law that required the inside light (nearest to oncoming traffic) to be a fog light while the outside light could be a driving light, so please don't automatically assume the lenses will match each other.

I was educated by a guy recently who commented that a nicely restored Jaguar, actually had been correctly outfitted with a fog and driving light. I did not know that before.

68gt390

Don,

Rob

Rob;
My casings are in need of new chrome as well. Did you try contacting Pete at Orlando Mustang. He's pretty easy to work with. I know when I was looking on ebay some of the prices were pretty high on the Marchal's.

Don