• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Wich stripe will look better with a Wimbledon White GT/CS?

classicsguy

A Wimbledon white Mustang with a red interior should have a red stripe...What would look best : the red correct stripe or a black stripe eve though it will keep the red interior.

Do you guys think that the red stripe looks good with a Wimbledon white GT/CS or a black stripe will look much better

Thanks

joedls

Even though I love the black stripe on a Wimbledon White GT/CS, I don't believe it would look right on a car with red interior. Go with the red stripe, IMHO.

clubpro

I have a white w/red stripe CS in my family and I think that it looks great. Joe is right it wouldn't look good with a black stripe and red interior. I have the stripe kits if you need one and I also have the matching 40th anniversary cap to go with it.

Cheers,

Ron

CougarCJ

One more vote for the red striping.

I could visualise a black stripe if it had a black vinyl top though.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
classicsguy, so how hypothetical is this question? :wink:

Midnight Special

...Red stripe...

Attachments

• IM001193.JPG
    IM001193.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 41

sam

I am partial to the black stripe...........but then again my whimbleton white CS has black interior. I am fortunate enough to be on the 2009 calendar for the month of February.

Sam

P

PNewitt

GOLD!
(just kidding!)...

They made a few '69 Shelbys that were white with red interiors and blue side stripes. A "USA thing". Beau has one in his GAS collection in L.A.

The red stripe is the way to go, since you have red interior. What might push you over to red (outside of the previous zillion comments) is that red stripes are very rare, and it looks really cool on the street. The car is rare enough--red stripes would make it even MORE rare looking.

I guess it's: "any color you like as long as it's red!".

Paul.