• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Spring Car Thing

PFSlim

Zach and I drove our GT/CS to Lenexa, KS today to the 3rd Annual Spring Car Thing Car Show. Since the show was basically all exotic cars, we competed with all American cars in a class called "American Muscle". We competed agains about 5 AC Cobras, a couple Camero's, several new Mustangs, and a few other cars. We took 1st place with my brother-in-laws AC Cobra coming runner-up.

Alot of exotic car guys not knowing anything about a GT/CS.

Paul

rvrtrash

I bet everybody groans when you guys show up, you've won so many times. I can hear it now. "Well this day's shot to s**t!" :wink:

Steve

Diesel Donna

I went to a fun cruise yesterday with a club called The Longroofs....(mostly station wagons...I've got a whopper of a longroof) And there were obviously a lot of regulars there as whenever the DJ called a raffle number or trophy winner the crowd would moan HE ALWAYS WINS! or....some other guy would yell I NEVER WIN! Was pretty funny....Paul,Zach and Steve are probably used to the first one!
I keep thinking someday I might get original interior for the amb....but somehow that always gets overlooked, but it cracks me up~~~Ya gotta have a sense of humor with that car.

Congratulations P,Z and S!!! RIGHT ON AMERICAN MUSCLE! FLEX 'EM!!

Midnight Special

...Yeah, the Mustang club here in town has a guy (Bob Lamb) w/ GTA fastback and '66 Shelby clone who ALWAYS WINS! We tell him were only here 'cuz we like to watch old re-runs on the weekends ;-)

He's a nice guy and a "good" winner like Paul & Zach. ...Never "stuffy" about it...

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

I do very much appreciate the comments. I hope that Steve is not correct, at least no one tells us that!! Anyway, we don't always win. At some shows, the judges walk right past and we get the big zero.

However, this show was sweet just because we spent so much time making my brother-in-laws cobra so nice. And, since he did so well at World of Wheels by winning everything he possibly could, it is nice to win against him with a car that was completed in 05 and has been driven well over 10,000 miles since we completed it.

Thanks again for everyone's kind comments. Zach was proud that day, he has another trophy for his collection. Below is a picture of the trophy. We thought it was a unique idea.

Paul

Attachments

• Photo_040708_001.JPG
    Photo_040708_001.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 30