• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Citroen Weirdness

Mosesatm

Citroens are famous for their weirdness. A good example is this steering wheel.

Attachments

• 5084397068_ce6a059f00.jpg
    5084397068_ce6a059f00.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 52

lilboss

Truth be told, many of the DS's "quirks or wierdnesses" were also safety features.

When properly aligned, the spoke would begin/end at the six o'clock position. Not only did this give you a clear view of the dash and gauges, but in the case of an accident, if you were to come into contact with the steering wheel it would collapse on the spoke thereby absorbing some of the energy and not result in you hitting an immovable object.

franklinair

Remember, it IS a French car.:wink:
I must admit though, they ride really quiet & smooth. (I had occasion to ride in one when I worked in Africa.)

Neil

lilboss

Another interesting fact that the Mopar guys may not know; DS's actually have a hemi in them and are one of the first cars to have them. It wasn't until later when all the hype came out that Citroen realized, as with other features, that they were ahead of the game.