• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Grille details?

murf104

Preperation to paint a 68 CS grille brought about some questions. Used the search feature to read up on this project but need your help on a few issues. First, three colors are mentioned and seem to be used, DE 1651 Duplicolor (A cast blast type of paint, lowgloss), A DDL number from ages ago that was obtained by looking at paint chips and comparing them to an original grille that was ? years old, and the paint used on 67 style steel wheels (which is a glossy paint). Which of these types of paint in your collective opinion is the exact match for our grille? Obviously there is a difference in gloss level and possibly in the color. Next, are the brackets behind the grille for the Marchal lights painted the same grey as the rest of the grille? Rivets also painted? How about the back side of the grille assembly? And what about the fasteners used at the outside top of the grille? Any detailed images of them or can someone provide AMK part numbers for that hardware? I appreciate any insight or advice and welcome any images of original grille details.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Bumping these questions to the top for you.

Here's an older thread discussing the Dark Gray Metallic paint: http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2901

Jason did a lot of research on that one and repainted his grille at least twice. :wink:

I believe the grille (front and back) as well as the fog brackets are the same dark gray color. Not sure on the rest, so I'll leave it up to the concours guys to reply.