• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

s code mustang

390cs68rcode

[quote author=Herck link=board=1;threadid=1860;start=0#msg12215 date=1120601767]
im not shure maby were there realy that little made wow ive been slowly playing with it its a project of many
[/quote]

depending on the car, what shape it is in and options I might be interested. Got any pictures you can email me?

OP
OP
H

Herck

here are serial number 8ro1s156685 options extra cooling package califonia special canadian non emission gt equipment group c6 select shift cruise o matic optional axle ratio f70x14 wide oval tires white wall nylon tires console power disc brakes power steering am radio interior decor group it was highland green ivy gold interior decore buckets seats axle ratio 3.00

Mosesatm

What, exactly, do you mean by, "it was Highland Green"?

390cs68rcode

[quote author=Herck link=board=1;threadid=1860;start=0#msg12220 date=1120603627]
here are serial number 8ro1s156685 options extra cooling package califonia special canadian non emission gt equipment group c6 select shift cruise o matic optional axle ratio f70x14 wide oval tires white wall nylon tires console power disc brakes power steering am radio interior decor group it was highland green ivy gold interior decore buckets seats axle ratio 3.00
[/quote]

Yours was built about 1000 cars before mine and has the same options except mine came with a 3.25 rear end ratio and does not have the xtra cooling option.

got any pictures and HOW MUCH?

OP
OP
H

Herck

i have not realy thought about it too much i have the motor out got it sonic tested and went to a over bore to 428 bore it haS A HIGH NICKEL BLOCK IN IT and have edelbrock heads and was planning on strocking it was going too make a 550 plus horse street car out it i KIND OF LIKE PLAYING WITH THE FE MOTOR IN THEM im missing a few parts like console and grill and interior needs to be recovered and it has a 4 spd in it now and 3.90 gears its not stock any more but body is perfect my budy owned it since the 80s i used to drive it around when i was 13 i have no pictures of it ill get a camera and send u some if i have time but it is a little apart right now becuase of wating for parts the car was shiped to canada when it was new to dealer ship here in burnaby canada any thing i guess is for sale but i probably have been going in a direction with motor most stock gys wouldn t like i like horsepower if your interested it sounds like u would appreciat car mor than most

Mosesatm

[quote author=Herck link=board=1;threadid=1860;start=0#msg12223 date=1120605339]
it says on marti report the color of car was highland green paint
[/quote]

What color is it now?

OP
OP
H

Herck

i already own it ive had it for three years now when i started playing with it it was painted purple with racing stripes by my friend he was the one who lost grill and console

meadowsdk28

[quote author=Herck link=board=1;threadid=1860;start=0#msg12235 date=1120615330]
i already own it ive had it for three years now when i started playing with it it was painted purple with racing stripes by my friend he was the one who lost grill and console
[/quote]

Purple!?!?! Hey Arlie, that's real close to......BLUE!! Ha, Ha.

God, what are people thinking sometimes? Probably yellow racing stripes, too.

Mosesatm

[quote author=meadowsdk28 link=board=1;threadid=1860;start=0#msg12296 date=1120750274]
[quote author=Herck link=board=1;threadid=1860;start=0#msg12235 date=1120615330]
[/quote]

Purple!?!?! Hey Arlie, that's real close to......BLUE!! Ha, Ha.

God, what are people thinking sometimes? Probably yellow racing stripes, too.
[/quote]

Aaaaarrrgh! This is it....this is the big one. Elizabeth, I'm comin to join ya darlin!!!!

Canuck CSter

Re:s code mustang 4 sp on the big Block

I have the same question except mines an original s code 4 sp with 63 and change for mileage....

Tho trying to hold off as long as I can fear I may have to part with it..

And my primary interest would be to keep it within this group....

Brass tacks:::; Picked it up in SLC Utah in 86, with 61 ish for mileage replacesd only an attenna ( twice ) and scatched up oil pan once ( couple inches lower than stock )

One paint chip, one small brown burn hole in f pass seat, r back headliner seperated a bit...

No rust ever, has been in exceptional storage for last 10 yrs, hasen't ran in 3-4 yrs..

Before being put away was mechanically as close to perfect as can be and took 3 rd in shelby class in only show ever in.

My story( restaurant industry) could go on & on, but the story of the car is I have never had time to enjoy it they way it should be..

I will send a pic or 2 and it is in the gallery ( 6 or 7 )

Dale R in Ottawa

P.S. Please don't throw me out of such a fine membership of people because my passion for my work is always been my first priority...

I wish I had the luxary of beening able to deminstrate such over excessive compusive and fanatical behaviours as the group towards our wonderful cars.

Keep it up, you all make me proud to say I'm part of such a careing bunch...

[quote author=Herck link=board=1;threadid=1860;start=0#msg12213 date=1120600443]
i have s code 390 california special mustang was orinally a auto does anyone now how many of these cars were produced with these options
[/quote]

Attachments

• Dcars.jpg
    Dcars.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
H

Herck

not a bad lookin purple not the color i would paint it but if peolple didnt try new thing there wouldnt be stripes on shelby cars 390 big blocks that were meant for trucks in mustangs or 428s and every ford would be painted flat black hahaha

C160223

PURPLE? hey are you from North Vancouver, BC Canada? I remember going to look at a purple 390 GT/CS that was for sale there a long time ago... can't remember the guy's name.... Car has a DSO - B6, correct?

OP
OP
H

Herck

i doo live in vancouver but wrong dso mine is b7 that is strainge 2 purple 390 cars got to be same car as far as i know car was never for sale by my friend he loved the car but no place to put it and he lost job so he sold it too me so he could c it once and a while and mabe get it back in future