• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

eBay Shelby Clone

Mustanger

Current bid is $25k+, and the reserve isn't met yet ... for a clone :eek: Holy cow, even Shelby clones are skyrocketing lately, I guess regular-joe-car-guys won't be able to afford those either :eek:

68gt390

Car looks nice but, you would think if they restored the car to that degree they would have replaced the door tag and the plastic seat frame covers on the drivers side. All in all thought it is a nice looking car.

Don

hookedtrout

Not only are the clones getting out of reach $ wise, at this rate there will come a day when the fad will be to restore a Shelby Clone back to an original convertible/fastback because eventually there won't be any original 67-68 convertibles or fastbacks as they will have all been converted to Shelby clones to make some money.

Hook

007bluto

I bought a 65 Fastback, I 'm planning on building a Gt350 clone. I paid $4500.00 for a gutted barly rolling chasse. I've owned this car for 3 weeks, and I've already been offered $8500.00 for it, as is. The price of fastbacks and convertables just keeps going up. I used to look on line at websites such as Mershons, they were selling Shelbys for $70,000.00 now the cars are 110,000.00 and they sell clones for $60,000.00. Hopefully the price of GT/CS's will start to rise, I think its only a matter of time...... Bluto