• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007 Gt/cs Hcs August Bbq

P

PNewitt

But Officer....

ps, Paul, We WILL discuss your comment about me waiting until August to turn the key. Mike

uh...I meant to say that I hoped that your party "was a turnkey operation" for you...yeah, that's it!!!

:)

joedls

Midnight Special said:
...Don. lets have Joe bring you to my house. We'll have a more "docile" CS ready for you to drive to Mike's after eliminating so many Chevys b/w here and Modesto! Hopefully, Donna & Tim can make it too for another "formation flight" out to Chicago Park :))

Why one of the "docile" ones? I know you have an S code in that collection.

Midnight Special

joedls said:
Why one of the "docile" ones? I know you have an S code in that collection.

...Oh, ya know, that's right!!

In the past; Mike has claimed "sole drivership" of that car - but he'll have his OWN darn S-code to drive! So there!! Don, take my 390 CS (or 428CJ Mach) instead ;-)

Attachments

• IM002803.JPG
    IM002803.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

joedls

Midnight Special said:

In the past; Mike has claimed "sole drivership" of that car - but he'll have his OWN darn S-code to drive! So there!! Don, take my 390 CS (or 428CJ Mach) instead ;-)

Now you're talkin :grin:

68gt390

Midnight Special said:

Tim;
I can relate to the 428CJ Mach. I bought a brand new 70 Mach I with ram air and 4 speed when I came back from SEA. Traded my 68 Coupe 4 speed 289 car for it. I show'd pictures of your cars to my son and all he could say was holly smokes, he has that many Mustangs. I thought for a minute I was going to have to wipe the drule off his face. I tried to get him to drive the CS the last time he was here in Ohio but, he opted not to. I told him you might as well get used to it, it's going to be yours someday.

Don :cool:

Midnight Special

68gt390 said:
Tim;
I can relate to the 428CJ Mach. ...I tried to get him to drive the CS the last time he was here in Ohio but, he opted not to. I told him you might as well get used to it, it's going to be yours someday.

Don :cool:

Thanks Don. I'm grooming my 13yr old as well. He is a consumate lover of cars and helps me to take the best care of these. He has driven a couple of them around our (quiet neighborhood) block a few times while always being at the ready w/ vacuum, polish, window cleaner etc... It was he who found & pushed (real hard) to get the '70 Mach recently. Boy, am I glad! His intuition led to a beautiful car. He's already claimed "ownership" ;-))

Truly, the kids like yours (and others here) are what it's really about! How fortunate we are to make a living dream come true.

Attachments

• prdbbe.jpg
    prdbbe.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 23

68gt390

Tim;
Out of all the posts I've looked at and read, I just realized from looking at some old posts that your 390 CS just happens to be "Highland Green". That's cool. Think I can relate to that color.

Don :wink:

Attachments

• 68 GT8.JPG
    68 GT8.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 30

Midnight Special

68gt390 said:
Tim;
Out of all the posts I've looked at and read, I just realized from looking at some old posts that your 390 CS just happens to be "Highland Green". That's cool. Think I can relate to that color.

Don :wink:

...Indeed Don! We'll look forward to being in good company at this year's BBQ ;-) As you know, Mike's 390 4-spd is also Highland Green. Tho mine looks good as a "20 footer" - I hope to get it repainted in time for the event. One of the prescribed flaws when I bought it was that it had a poor clear-coat application. That was confirmed when we took it to the carwash upon receipt and the "clear" came off in sheets like Seran wrap! Alot of buffing and new passenger side stripes later - it remains appropriatly coated, but hardly "show ready" aside from being a rare bird ;-) 'Sure fun to drive tho!

How nice Your GT! ...and to have a diecast patterned from it! Now THAT'S cool!!

68gt390

Tim;
I have the same problem with the GT. It still has the original factory paint except for the front left fender which was redone some years ago. Looks great until you get close and then you can see the imperfections. Hard to find cars these days that still have the factory paint though. She will eventually get a fresh coat of paint but, that's down the road.

Don

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Don't forget!!!!!!!;-P

Just refreshing this thread to keep in fresh in everyones mind. Don't Forget, August 18th, 2007 at our home in Chicago Park, Ca. (Grass Valley). We would really like to see some 68' HCS representation here this year. Mike

rvrtrash

I was actually going to go---took the time off work and everything----and then my family all decided they were going to come up and visit that weekend so everyone could go to Silverwood (a local theme park). Doh!

Steve

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Steve, You will be missed. If things change, we would love to have you. Mike and Robinette.

68gt390

Mike;
Got my vacation request back today approved. I've already blocked off a 2 week period for August. Will purchase my tickets tonight and I'll be ready to rock and roll. Looking forward to the trip. Heck if things work out like I hope I may even have a job interview while I'm there.

Don :grin:

miller511

Mike,

I plan on getting up there again this year. Should be lotsa fun.

I have a bit of an issue ;-) There's no motor in the car!! The CS should be together by then. I can't decide what to do with the motor. I'm still leaning toward a 347. Will have to make a decision soon. In the meantime, detailing the engine bay...

-Jeff

Attachments

• Engine Bay Paint 020a.JPG
    Engine Bay Paint 020a.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

No worries Jeff, as you know from last year, the BBQ is as much about the folks who own the cars as it is about the cars. You and every other owner are welcome with or without the cars. We look forward to seeing you again. Mike and Robinette.

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

JUST A REMINDER, AUGUST 18th, GRASS VALLEY. CA

Time to refresh your memories, August 18th, 2007, Grass Valley, Ca. is the GTCS/HCS Annual BBQ. Mark your calenders and make plans to have your car ready, and if it is not ready, come anyways. Look forward to seeing you here. Mike and Robinette.

68gt390

Mike,

I plan on getting up there again this year. Should be lotsa fun.

I have a bit of an issue ;-) There's no motor in the car!! The CS should be together by then. I can't decide what to do with the motor. I'm still leaning toward a 347. Will have to make a decision soon. In the meantime, detailing the engine bay...

-Jeff

Jeff;
Put in the 347. You'll be happy you did when it's all done and said. The power that will come out of your small block will amaze you and "others" to.

Don :grin:

bztz4m

The family would love to come to the BBQ and bring the 2007 GT/CS...As long as I am not on call at work that day we will there since it is very close to where we live anyway.