• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

World's Worst Deck Lid Stripe

Perkchiro

Not a good rear deck stripe at all, but forgive that and you've got what looks like a very nice GT/CS.

bbeatty

I don't know this car or who owns it but but I'm less than an hour from this car if someone is interested in having it looked at. I may be able to talk PFSlim to go along as well. ;D

Mustanglvr

Nice car. So whats the badge on the grill for? Anybody know?

Rhonda

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I think this car was on ebay about 6 months ago, because I remember the badge and wrote to the seller about it. Never received a reply.

hookedtrout

I've seen far worse deck stripes than that. It's certainly not correct but at least it's the right design.

Hook

connvalley

the badge on the front grill is a White Falcon over the Polish flag. It's the insignia for the Polish Falcon's Club of America..
Too bad no a/c on board, gotta have a/c nowadays..

luisa2552

I started a new thread on this car before I saw this one. Can it really have originated in Kansas as the seller says?
Sara

hookedtrout

[quote author=luisa2552 link=board=3;threadid=1895;start=0#msg12713 date=1122002276]
I started a new thread on this car before I saw this one. Can it really have originated in Kansas as the seller says?
Sara
[/quote]

GTCS cars were made in California but they were shipped throughout the U.S. to be sold through dealerships. Not sure how many locations but the fact that it was sold through a Kansas dealership isn't out of the question that very well could be correct for a GTCS. My car was sold under the Salt Lake City DSO.

Hook

BroadwayBlue

I questioned the Kansas thing myself to tell you the truth.

I checked Paul's book and it does indicate some sold in Kansas City Sales District. I didn't think they were sold that far east either but it was.

Mine was from Arizona.

Don't feel bad about being a newbie. I'm new at this too. We're just 2 more newbies getting educated on these great cars. I've said it before I was never going to consider a coupe. Fastback first and Convertible a distant second. The GT/CS has won me over big time. There is a lot to learn so give it time and let it sink in.

I went to my first cruise last Saturday night. The weather was iffy so the turn out wasn't as big as usual (350 cars the week before). I parked next to a bright yellow Shelby fastback. I had a crowd of people around me car asking lot's of questions. From the info I got on this site alone I was able to answer most of the questions which was great. I had a frame up with a brochure, marti report and Paul's info on the last page of his 2nd book. People were looking over each other's shoulder trying to read it all. It was funny to see.
I guess you don't see many in NY so that added to it. A number of people were familiar with them especially some that lived in CA. But I digress...

Everyone was a newbie at some point - even the "experts" on this site ;)

luisa2552

Thanks Broadway Blue. This sight has been great for the learning process. My car is a CA car (LA) and I knew other states got them, just didn't think that far east. I still haven't got my hands on Pauls book. My birthday is coming, I'll have to ask... for Mothers Day my husband got me new seats!!!
Sara

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I'm pretty sure a copy of Paul's book is still on ebay. Don't know what the bidding is up to.

hookedtrout

[quote author=BroadwayBlue link=board=3;threadid=1895;start=0#msg12732 date=1122039700]
I questioned the Kansas thing myself to tell you the truth.

Don't feel bad about being a newbie. I'm new at this too. We're just 2 more newbies getting educated on these great cars.
[/quote]

Don't cut yourself short now Broadway, it says to the left there that you've graduated from the newbie into a Jr Member. ;D

Hook

BroadwayBlue

[quote author=hookedtrout link=board=3;threadid=1895;start=15#msg12743 date=1122050624]
Don't cut yourself short now Broadway, it says to the left there that you've graduated from the newbie into a Jr Member. ;D

Hook
[/quote]

:eek: :eek: :eek: Wow look at that!!
Thanks Hook I never saw that. Still plenty to learn though.

Went to a local cruise tonight (2nd one) and took home a trophy! The weather was iffy - a few sprinkles but most people roughed it out.
Lot's of inquisitve minds about the CS!! I love telling people about the car and watching their reactions ... Really?? I never knew that ... I thought I knew all about Mustangs, never heard of these ... etc ...
I'm so glad I bought this car!!!

BroadwayBlue

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=3;threadid=1895;start=0#msg12739 date=1122043638]
I'm pretty sure a copy of Paul's book is still on ebay. Don't know what the bidding is up to.
[/quote]

Last I saw it was holding at $90 with 3+ days to go.

http://tinyurl.com/ajr3y

I got the 96 version from Jason a few weeks back. Trying to read all I can.

Rich