• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

PB Booster question

rvrtrash

It's been a while since I took my engine compartment apart so I can't remember if there is a gasket or seal between the booster and the firewall. I can't find one listed in any of my aftermarket catalogs but it seems there should be one there. Does anyone know if there is one and if so, where to get a new one? Thanks in advance for info.
Steve

carvensno

you could call NAPA auto parts, they could tell you if so, also, if they have a booster in stock ask them to take a look at it and see if there is a gasket inside, or see if they can order one in for you

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

I'd already tried Napa, but I live in a real small town, they are the only parts store in town and their books don't go back that far. I haven't had a chance to go to anything in another town yet, so I'd hoped someone here could tell me. Thanks anyway.
Steve

68sunlitgold

Steve,
There is not a seal between the booster and firewall, just the bracket. Here is a picture of the rearend.
Doug

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Thanks. That explains why nobody has one listed. I think I'll put a piece of gasket material there just to make sure no water comes in, if I can do it so it can't be seen.
Steve