• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Seat Backrest Locking mechanism

gtcs1

Hi,

I'm looking for a driver seat backrest locking mechanism. I miss some of the parts on the driver seat (I believe the passenger seat must also use the same parts).

The lever knob is present on my seat. What is missing, as can be seen on the left photo, is the connecting rod. Correct setup can be seen on the second photo. Also the bottom catch lever, with its spring and retention bolt/pin is also missing. The 2nd and 3rd photos shows the correct arrangement on my passenger seat.

If anyone would have a spare seat frame and could spare these parts , PM me. I'm in the process of reulphostering the seat, and I want to fix this before proceeding, whilst also installing the repair kit for the driver seat pivot pin (that was part of a recall around 1977).

Thanks

Attachments

• porte 022PP.jpg
    porte 022PP.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 20
  • porte 024PP.jpg
    porte 024PP.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 16
  • porte 031PP.jpg
    porte 031PP.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 17