• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Vintage shot from days gone by.

somethingspecial

Looking at the cars in this shot, does that look like a GT/CS in the middle? Cant tell if they are round lights, or rectangular. They seem a little to outboard than a CS and the grille looks blacked out. I don't know?!?!?!

Attachments

• burger chef.jpg
    burger chef.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 149

dalorzo_f

Days gone by... back when the world was in black and white! :wink:

16 cars, two Mustangs... shows how popular these cars were back-in-the-day. I'd guess mid-60's. ~66-67.

Midnight Special

Looking at the cars in this shot, does that look like a GT/CS in the middle? Cant tell if they are round lights, or rectangular. They seem a little to outboard than a CS and the grille looks blacked out. I don't know?!?!?!

Mike, it looks to me like a 68 'KR' with hood/side scoops, grille and square lights...

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 101

clubpro

Mike,

I agree with Tim. I took the photo into photoshop and zoomed in on the 68 and the grill surround looks like a Shelby. Great photo and it is fun to try and identify all of the cars including the 56 Bel Air driving by. Looks like the one Camaro is out numbered by the 3 mustangs.

Cheers,

Ron

robert campbell

I agree with Tim. Outboard driving lights on a 68 Shelby. Fairlane/Torino next to it is a 68 or 69. Camaro looks like a 69. I would say the shot was from late 68 or early 69.

Great Picture!!!!! A time gone by that sometimes I wish I could get in my Delorion and transport back to!!!

C160223

I found this picture when searching the photo archive of the city I grew up in. (City of Vancouver). Was checking out photos of my old high school and this popped up. The photo had to be taken sometime in the early 80's. Hard to tell in the picture, but it might be my car! I bought mine in 1990. The color looks the same (grey), interior looks red? When I bought it, it didnt have the fog lights, that sporty mirror, those rear wheels. It did have a standard 68 grill but no horse and corrral.

http://searcharchives.vancouver.ca/...4d8698-c7b5-4606-b8bb-bf8fe56e95d9-A58969.jpg

try searching the websites of your local cites, they may have an acrchive section too. Cool to search different locations and see old photo of local areas and streets. Many old cars in the photos to look at.

Ruppstang

I restored these 67 Convertible a few years ago. I got to meet the original owner and she had this picture of the car in her year book. I thought it was cool to see. Marty

Attachments

• 67 GTA -Year Book photo 001_crop.jpg
    67 GTA -Year Book photo 001_crop.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 67 GTA-2009 012.jpg
    67 GTA-2009 012.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Picture and text robbed from another site

Not my text below:

The O/T Shelby in post 80602 is sitting in the Ed Martin Ford parking lot in Indy. I see other Shelbys and Mustangs as well. I can remember going there in 1970 with my brother to see the 69 428 CJ vert that Bob Glidden was just finishing up. Got to watch him do a couple of short shots with it in the side lot after closing.....glory days

Attachments

• 1969 Shelby.jpg
    1969 Shelby.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 42

x-codegtcs

I would have guessed an R-code GT with what looks like a 428CJ scoop on the middle of the hood or a 67 Shelby with the wider, round outboard driving lights. The hood just doesn't look consistent to be a 68 Shelby hood and wasn't the fog light placement was the same for the 68 Shelby and GT/CS...Anyway my favorite part of the photo are the 2 guys by the Camaro checking out the Mustang in question...