• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'07 GT/CS in Calif. Ford TV Commercial

P

PNewitt

if you live in California, and were watching "American Idol" last Wed night, there was a "California Ford Dealers" commercial, telling about getting a "Pony Package" upgrade at no extra cost. It included the Pony Grille, Leather seats, etc...

There were three Mustangs in the commercial, red-white-and blue.

The White one in the middle was a GT/CS. I happened to get this on tape, and freeze-framed it, and sure enough, there was the black CS side stripe.

Now I need to find out if you can get a Pony Package on a GT/CS--or if they had to use a GT/CS in the commercial, to have a white Mustang for the shoot.

I'll ask around. Interesting if it's true. A pony grille, horse and lights on a GT/CS. That would be rare.

Paul N.

Mustanglvr

Cool, never seen that version before. It`s the third GT/CS commercial I`ve seen now. There is another of one being driven on a mountain road.

miller511

if you live in California, and were watching "American Idol" last Wed night, there was a "California Ford Dealers" commercial, telling about getting a "Pony Package" upgrade at no extra cost. It included the Pony Grille, Leather seats, etc...

There were three Mustangs in the commercial, red-white-and blue.

The White one in the middle was a GT/CS. I happened to get this on tape, and freeze-framed it, and sure enough, there was the black CS side stripe.

Now I need to find out if you can get a Pony Package on a GT/CS--or if they had to use a GT/CS in the commercial, to have a white Mustang for the shoot.

I'll ask around. Interesting if it's true. A pony grille, horse and lights on a GT/CS. That would be rare.

Paul N.

Paul,

I saw the pony package commercial again today.
The white Mustang is clearly a CS...with the normal GT fog lights in the grill. Wondering if they did this commercial as dual purpose with the CS to be featured in some future commercial..where the current commercial is pushing the pony package. Pony packages usually go with the V6, correct?

-Jeff

p51

Cool, never seen that version before. It`s the third GT/CS commercial I`ve seen now. There is another of one being driven on a mountain road.

OK. I've never seen the mountain road one. So, it sounds like there are three:

(1) The longer beach commercial (that I think everyone has seen) with all the girls mobbing the guy in the GT/CS (there's a link to it on the california special wikipedia page)

(2) The 20 sec beach scene (on youtube)

(3) The mountain road

Does someone have a pointer to the mountain road commercial?

Are there any others? Paul?

Mustanglvr

Tim and I both have a dvd sent to us by a fellow site member. It has the commercial with the beach scene with the girls running and then the one with the mountain road scene. I would post it, but how do I get it from dvd to my computer?

miller511

Rhonda,

Google on "copying dvd to hard drive". There appear to be many ways of copying from DVD to your local hard drive. I'm guessing that Windows Media Player will do it. I'm assuming you have a DVD/CD-ROM on your PC?

-Jeff

gtcs1

68 Original Commercials

Tim and I both have a dvd sent to us by a fellow site member. It has the commercial with the beach scene with the girls running and then the one with the mountain road scene. I would post it, but how do I get it from dvd to my computer?

Hi it's me who got these made. I got them in an old video tape I acquired about 10 years ago. This tape was a 1 hour tape containing original commercials clip from various cars. Very nice tape with muscle cars and the like.

I managed to extract the 2 clips on a DVD.

Glad to see this 3rd one, I'll try to extract it and add it on my DVD.

The one I had with 2 clips I sent also to Paul.

See you.

Mustanglvr

Thanks for chiming in Pierre. :smile:

I wish there was some way all three commercials could be viewed right here on the CS site in their own little section.

I can`t download any new software on my computer right now Jeff.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

All the GT/CS Commercials are planned to be on the DVD that goes with the book, including the late model GT/CS commercials.

Paul N.

CalGal68

The link to this commercial was removed due to a Violation in Terms of Use, or something like that. I was a little late finding this thread!

Debra