• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Anyone have a Marti on this one?

AADaddy

I think this one has been floating around for a while. I remember posting a Craigslist link for this one a while back.

Cool Manchu

I've seen it in person. It's really too bad that they decided to put the Shelby front end on it. Overall it seems like a basic, clean car overall, but too expensive for something that isn't truly pure.

clubpro

This ones been for sale for well over a year. I too stopped by back in May and looked at it and the salesman didn't even know what a Marti report was so when I got home I sent him a copy of the report on the car. I agree that there are too many changes to the car to command the price that they are asking.

Cheers,

Ron

robert campbell

What a great looking car. Would love to see in person vice pics. Kinda like what Richard is doing "down under", but not to the level of perfection, or attention to detail and cost, to replicate the EXP500. I this car and what Richards will look like! I think the Shelby front end is a great add to a GT/CS and would have done it to my car, but needed more hood clearance for the blower.

But I am not a purist....

Rob

franklinair

"Great minds with but a single thought."
I thought the same thing about the EXP replica. Looks like the fiber glass grunt work is completed.

Neil (sometimes not a purist also):wink:

Midnight Special

What a great looking car. Would love to see in person vice pics. Kinda like what Richard is doing "down under", but not to the level of perfection, or attention to detail and cost, to replicate the EXP500. I this car and what Richards will look like! I think the Shelby front end is a great add to a GT/CS and would have done it to my car, but needed more hood clearance for the blower.

But I am not a purist....

Rob

...Ford went to great extremes in offering so many variations, but I believe quit short on their long list of options by not offering production coupes with the Shelby front end (although I understand why). I think they would've been very popular. I would easily consider adding this to my list of drivers, especially if it had an FE...

And no - I'm not a purist either. My two S-codes do not have stripes for the time being and seem to attract more attention over the so called "correct" cars. Maybe that's because there are so many CSs around here...or better yet, maybe because there are a few who would like to tactfully pick up where the factory (economically) left off.

Either way... I like the one in the above ad :)

Attachments

• _DSC0462.jpg
    _DSC0462.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 28
  • _DSC0774.jpg
    _DSC0774.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

dalorzo_f

Shelby fiberglass was "after market" ($, not within Ford's existing supply chain) fit like crap (labor changes) and I think would have added costs they would have a hard time recovering.

I would guess Ford Exec's looked at it like "we're selling 300,000 this year, why make another option we'll probably sell, maybe, a few thousand of for the cost of implementing..." the cost/benefit to Ford probably didn't stack up.

Which ended up the case with the GT/CS, they never sold the 5000 they planned, so I'd bet while good advertising/PR in the long run they never really made any money off it...

Midnight Special

...the cost/benefit to Ford probably didn't stack up.

Which ended up the case with the GT/CS, they never sold the 5000 they planned, so I'd bet while good advertising/PR in the long run they never really made any money off it...

...Indeed, one of my C codes sat until November '68 and the green S-code languished somewhere in Kansas until December 20 before selling (I wonder who here has the latest selling GTCS?)

robert campbell

...Ford went to great extremes in offering so many variations, but I believe quit short on their long list of options by not offering production coupes with the Shelby front end (although I understand why). I think they would've been very popular. I would easily consider adding this to my list of drivers, especially if it had an FE...

And no - I'm not a purist either. My two S-codes do not have stripes for the time being and seem to attract more attention over the so called "correct" cars. Maybe that's because there are so many CSs around here...or better yet, maybe because there are a few who would like to tactfully pick up where the factory (economically) left off.

Either way... I like the one in the above ad :)

Tim,
I like the gray look on the tail light panel aka Shelby!!! Nice contrast with the dark green!

Rob

clubpro

Tim,

The "S" code CS that I had sat on Honolulu Ford's lot until October of 69 before it sold. I always wondered if it might have been a demo or maybe the owners personal car. I tried to find out any info and struck out because of several ownership changes.

Cheers,

Ron