• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wiring Harness

nfrntau

"Since you're in there....in the rear quarter, could you get a look at the wiring harness running by at the bottom--and see if there is a little connector on the harness for a pigtail plug?

I saw one on mine once, and wondered if it was an in-line connector for those rear quarter courtesy lights option. Another mystery we might be able to work out here..

Paul N. "

Paul,
My wiring harness has already been removed from the car but I pulled it out of my storage box and took a look for you.
This is what I found.
At the dash two plugs, one male, one female.
Male plug wires are 1 Black/1 Black-Orange stripe
Female are 1 Orange-Purple stripe/1 Green-Yellow stripe.
The next plugs in line are drivers side back-up light
2 Black wires/ 2 Black-Red stripe
and drivers side tail light 2 Black/3 Green-Yellow stripe.
Next is the ground at the gas filler 2 Black
and license plate light 2 black
Then the passenger side Back-up 2 Black/1 Black-Red stripe
and tail light 2 Black/3 Orange-Purple stripe.

There are no provisions for additional connectors between any of these plugs on my harness.
The wire harness for the fuel sender and the dome light on my car were on the passenger side and were apparently favorite nesting material to the old inhabitants and must be replaced. Amazingly all the other harnesses on the car were untouched by rodent teeth. lol

Hope this helps.

My car is now disassembled to the point I can easily see any part on the car.
If any of you have anything you would like me to look at or take a photo of all you need to do is ask.

P

PNewitt

I sure appreciate your going to all that trouble to find your harness--and to detail out what you found. Rodent teeth?

A whole new meaning to "rat motor".

I need to re-read in detail your findings. The new registry book WILL have a comprehensive look at that taillight harness, and how to completely rebuild those taillights.

BTW-- I may have found a source to have your taillight harnesses rebuilt. It's at Sacramento Vintage Ford, and a gentleman named "Ron" does this work on the side. This includes the cloth type webbing on the wires, etc. More on this, too in the new 2005 GT/CS Registry.

Paul N.