• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. GT/CS help

shane18fly

I have an aquaintance in the Austin, Texas area trying to purchase a red GT/CS from a seller in the Sacramento area(Candyapple red, white stripes, 302 4V, C4 tranny, white interior). I think the car is in the Orville, California area. It is currently listed in Mustang Classifieds for 26,000:smile:. I know I have seen this car before and it was discussed on the website. I believe it had a knee dash pad that stimulated some interest. If anyone can recall this car or if you know anything about it I would appreciate any input. The fellow I am helping is in my area and it would be nice to see another GT/CS in the area! He had one in high school and much like myself, could not let go of the dream of owning one(or two or three!) again. He is new to the hunt and had some reservations about buying over a long distance. I thought that someone from the forum who might happen to live in the area where the car is located could help this fellow out with a "boots on the ground assessment" and, as well, if anyone knows anything about the car that might help that would be more info than he has now. P.M. me for my friend's name and number and you guys can talk. Thanks!shane

ari guy

The current owner swears it to be a 14 thousand mile car. Beware!!!! Doc

dalorzo_f

For 26k it should be pristine.... I was looking a year or so ago and saw multiple cars in very good condition for 14-18k... I can't beleive the market has improved significantly since then.... I'd suggest you shop around unless its the one you have to have....

OP
OP
S

shane18fly

Those were the "red flags" I passed on to him. 14,000 miles caught my eye and so did the price! shane

ari guy

I talked at length with the current owner, got the marti report, had photos of the underside of the car, etc, etc. I believe I still have the notes on the car, I will look and see. Nice car but several things didnt add up, and couldnt soften the price much. If you would like, PM me and give me your email, Ill share what I know to help him make an informed decision on the car, whether to purchase or pass. Thanks, Doc (ari guy)

nagydude

1968 Mostly original 70000 mile Cal Special

I have a 1968 GTCS that I am selling and it is a no excuses mostly original car if you want to pass it along to your friend. It is from the Scott Fuller collection and I bought it through this website about a year and a half ago. Original paint and interior. The motor and tranny is original but both have been rebuilt to the tune of $6000. The car looks and runs fantastic and is in the registry. Dont really want to part with it but I have sorta focused in a different direction. I can be reached through here or at mustangman208@roadrunner.com. It is red with black stripes and interior. Steve