• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Neil's Charles Taylor Master Mechanic Award

franklinair

Big doin's at our small airport today:
The FAA Inspector awarded me the Charles Taylor Master Mechanic Award for 50 years in aviation/aircraft maintenance. We had about 50 people attend for the ceremony, and I got to give a short re-cap of my years in aviation. I was kinda overwhelmed. My brothers & sister all came in for the occasion A good day!!

Neil

Attachments

• Green GTCS 015.jpg
    Green GTCS 015.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 61
  • Green GTCS 021.jpg
    Green GTCS 021.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 59

Northern Pony

Neil;

Congratulations on the award; wow 50 years in aviation maintenance, that's incredible to be doing a function you enjoy for so long. Enjoy your moment, I am sure it is justly rewarded.
BoB

Ruppstang

Congrats Neil!
That is a real milestone. I bet you have seen a lot of changes in the industry over 50 years. Marty

di81977

Congratulations, sounds like an exciting day! You have a beautiful airport there in Franklin. Wish I was coming up this year.

David

Mustanger

Congrats!!! :thumb: ... good job, keepin' the skys safe with good flying planes :smile: ...

Attachments

• pilotWWIIthumbsup.jpg
    pilotWWIIthumbsup.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 16

66hcs-conv

Neil,

Congratulation's!

Good for you - it's great that you are doing something you like, and are very good at it.

Dave Spry

Powell

Hi Neil,

Congratulations on such an awsome award. WOW 50 years as Master Mechanic what a great achievment, for a great guy!

Ralph

68 special

WOW, that's fantastic. Also explains your attention to detail on your cars as well. Keep up the good work.

Midnight Special

...Tonight I'm reminded of what a small and wonderful world it is when I received an email from my good friend and one of our hardest working air show promoters, Julie - of one of our most respected and generous GT/CS friends, Papa Neil upon Julie visiting his airport.

What a nice surprise! :)

Attachments

• 602764_10151794380759061_408783027_n.jpg
    602764_10151794380759061_408783027_n.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IM002614.JPG
    IM002614.JPG
    240.5 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

WHAT A SURPRISE!! When Julie introduced herself, saying she was from Sacramento. I said I drove thru there a few years ago to visit a friend in Grass Valley, Tim... Before I could say O'Brien she said Tim O'Brien??
It IS a small world- California to North Carolina. Whoda thunk! We had a nice visit, and I told Julie that I'd look for her @ Sun-N-Fun next spring in Lakeland, FL.
Which reminds me; when is one of our western cronies gonna plan a nice soiree/get together? I need to entice Peggy into another trip west.:cool:

Neil

Midnight Special

WHAT A SURPRISE!! When Julie introduced herself, saying she was from Sacramento. I said I drove thru there a few years ago to visit a friend in Grass Valley, Tim... Before I could say O'Brien she said Tim O'Brien??
It IS a small world- California to North Carolina. Whoda thunk! We had a nice visit, and I told Julie that I'd look for her @ Sun-N-Fun next spring in Lakeland, FL.
Which reminds me; when is one of our western cronies gonna plan a nice soiree/get together? I need to entice Peggy into another trip west.:cool:

Neil

Indeed, we're due for another fine reunion, but it continues to be a very busy year! I got to see Mike, Arlie, Ron and Renee last April and was privileged to meet Marty before that, but I've made little time since with work and our big AirFest.

Julie humbly refers to herself as an airport bum, but she's way more than that! This gal has traveled to virtually every airport and airshow across the country (often by bus) and has flown with among the best performers, restorers and aircraft collectors in the business. She's a fine example of how nobility and enthusiasm can open doors to incredible adventures....and she's had many! :) I was never so pleasantly shocked upon receiving her email and to respond by telling her she met yet another of the "greats" :)

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 25