• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

50th Anniversary Party

Mosesatm

IIRC (if I remember correctly) the reason for selecting Denver was because it's more or less in the center of the country. For some of the members driving to California would be a long haul.

Anywhere is a long haul from Spokane so I'm good with wherever is selected

hatchdog

IIRC (if I remember correctly) the reason for selecting Denver was because it's more or less in the center of the country. For some of the members driving to California would be a long haul.

Anywhere is a long haul from Spokane so I'm good with wherever is selected

+1, for me too!

rvrtrash

I would probably fly in to wherever and then see who had a spare seat to drive me around. :grin:

Steve

rvrtrash

Steve,
I can pick you up.....you can ride shot gun.
Stephen

I appreciate the offer, but I was just laying around on the couch 6 weeks ago, healing up from my hand and foot surgeries, when I got offered a job I hadn't even applied for. I'm a working man again, so I wouldn't have much spare time. A long weekend is probably the best I could do, and driving 2 days each way wouldn't work.

Steve

miller511

Hi all,
I haven't chimed in here in quite awhile. Yes, I still have and occasionally drive the '68 CS!! I'm up for a west coast get together. Knott's had a great turnout for the 40th in 2008. Thinking that would be a good place to gather for the 50th.
I would consider a Colorado trip as well. Would likely trailer the car over those hills ;-) I'd drive to LA/Buena Park from SF East Bay for the FFF at Knott's. Milpitas would be easy for me ;-). But not particularly interesting in location other than the Ford Assembly Plant there is now the Great Mall. Whatever location gets decided, I'll try to be there.

-Jeff

earlymustang

I will be at FFF show at the Knott's parking lot in April and I will volunteer to park and will do my best to get all the GTCS's parked next to each other like I did in 2008 so everybody please bring your GTCS to knott's again. Shane 714/501*6768

Ruppstang

I am the show chairman for the MCA national show July 12-15th 2018 in Lincoln NE.
We are in the center on the country so not too far for anyone. I could arrange a spot for all of the GTCS's and HCS's . I can tell you we are going to do something special for all of the 68's at the show since it is their 50th anniversary.
Here is a link to the show. https://motosho.com/event/59813623dd207

Hope to see some of you there. We all ready have two GTCSs and three HCS.

Marty

mbsf1970

Something to think about Marty!! Will be driving Doug home around then from his winter spa treatment.

Might make it work!
Stephen

TraveledGTCS

I've submitted my Pre-Registration for the Lincoln, NE, show. Hope to see a few of you all there. This is going to be my one long trip this year. Won't be at Edmonton, AB, IMM unfortunately.

Bill

Ruppstang

We are looking forward to seeing again Bill! Will you little traveling companion be with you?

TraveledGTCS

We are looking forward to seeing again Bill! Will you little traveling companion be with you?

Yep, I'll be having my 4 legged friend with me. I'm staying with Pete & Nancy at a different lodging then the Host hotel. They take pets where I'm staying. I think this is a different traveling companion than I had at the show in Concord. His name is Roscoe. He's not as enthused about traveling as my other four legged companions were. He usually a little anxious when I start out but then mostly sleeps once I get going. I've had him for about four or five years now.

Bill

Mosesatm

Bill,
If you swing through Spokane we can convoy, as long as you won't be embarrassed by my lowly coupe.

You can tell folks I'm your acquaintance from the other side of the tracks.:wink:

TraveledGTCS

Marty,

Tanner was my companion two dogs ago, he passed away May 2012 due to congenital heart disease; then I acquired Finley who had a few medical problems from a Shih Tzu rescue and had him for about 2 1/2 years until he passed due to a seizure. I've had Roscoe now for almost three years also from a rescue facility, he's also mostly Shih Tzu. His only problem is he loves to bark as squirrels, which there are quite a few at my place. (you can the companion I've had at my web site: www.wmdnorman.com )

Mosesatm,

I don't know when we'll be passing through Spokane, but your more then welcome to join us. Pete has a Red 93 Convertible GT which has all kinds of shinny stuff under the hood.

We plan on arriving in Lincoln on Thursday and maybe staying the night in the Spokane/Coeur d'Alene the first night of travel. I'll check with them and let you know via PM of our plans.

Bill

miller511

Shane, all,
I've signed up for FFF. Bringing the '68 CS. See you there. I'd love to have done a road trip to Nebraska with Marty and co., but July is booked solid for me with other activities.
-Jeff

Diesel Donna

I am planning on going to Lincoln! I'm already registered for Knott's. Let's go!