• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Elite Marti for the S code....arrived today..

Canuck CSter

Yes little pricey...but all good things in life are.

But heres what it read......

4118 California Specials...we know different ( not helping me justify the coin spent ) i wish they would amend the HCS ( or give them there production right ...and not a sub catagory )

215 equipped with 390 4V...we know
111 4 sp's we know.....but feeling better
27 Candy Apple Red paint ...HHmmmm
14 Bucket seats.......fluff
12 Ordered with GT Equipment group ( of s codes I'm sure ) but juicy
6 with consoles ( see above ) nice tho
4 with disc brakes ( thought all GT had disks ) OK.....more please....
1 with 3.25 Equa-lok rear axle
8R01S156551 is that mustang...and MINE.......

I know people talk of 1 of 1's and only one ever with yah yah.........but justifies the return of my empties to pay for it...for me..

Just wanted to tell someone......And truely enlightened I'm and my car are back in the loop.....

Take care ya'll and have a good car season...

DR in Ottawa

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank Mr Newitt for all the hard work and dedication in his up coming book.

BTW window sticker says 3911.93.........I'd take 2 at that price.......

GT/CS S Code

Similar options .....!

Hi DR,

We opted to get the deluxe report ourselves, as we were in a hurry to get the information to Paul for the new edition of the GT/CS book, so your Elite report is very interesting to us as the information from your post states:

215 were equipped with 390 4V (S Code) (Ours is ...)

111 of those S codes were 4 speeds (So is ours ...)

27 of those S codes had Candy Apple Red paint (Ours is too ...)

14 of those came with Bucket seats (Ours has buckets with optional headrests! Does your car have the headrests too, or just the bucket seats?)

12 of them were ordered with “GT Equipment group” (Ours was ...)

6 came with consoles (Ours has a factory installed lower console ....)

4 of them were ordered with disc brakes (I thought all “GT equipment group” cars had disks too?) (Our car has the disc brakes ....)

Our car has ALL of these same features, so it is nearly a ballistic twin to your car!

GT/CS S Code

Ps: ....

... by the way .... ours was also a 3.25 rear axle, but the standard version. Our 4 speed is listed on the Marti as a "wide ratio" ... was yours listed on your Marti as a "wide ratio" 4 speed?
Our car was built just a bit later than yours, on July 3rd, 1968, as our VIN is just a bit higher (8R01S161311). What was the build date on your car?
Very neat and interesting stuff!
Are you going to scan and post your new Elite Marti report on the Marti Report thread on the forum?
:cool:

OP
OP
C

Canuck CSter

Yes mine was also a wide ratio 4 sp on marti...Optioned head rest ..nice.....Scanning seems tuff....will add these pics tho....

I agree with Don....Marti has inconsistancies....which we COULD understand....if the price to see this info wasn't so high.....should make for some lively talks on the site..

Dale

robert campbell

All,
To the best of my knowledge, and what I have read, disc brakes were not part of the GT equipment group in 1968. They were part of the GT equipment group in 65 through 67. In 65 and 66 the car had to be a 4 barrel or “A” or “K” code to even have the GT equipment group installed. In 1967 that was dropped and a “C” code 2 barrel car could get the GT package.

So it is noteworthy to have the disc brakes installed on your cars!! That was yet another check on the option list!!

Rob

GT/CS S Code

Our Elite Marti report arrived in today's mail too ...!

Well, our Elite Marti report arrived in the mail today too. All in all, it is a very similar report to yours, but with a few small differences:
317,423 1968 Mustangs of which
249,456 were Hardtops of which
4,118 were California Specials (and HCS's of course)
215 of those were equipped with 390-4V "S" code engines
111 of those came with 4 Speed manual transmissions
27 of them were painted Candy Apple Red
9 of those had Black Standard Bucket Seats
6 of them were ordered with the GT Equipment Group
1 of them was ordered with Front Seat Headrests
8R01S161311 is that Mustang
.... which is our "S" code "wedding car" GT/CS Mustang!
:smile:
.... and at a total original purchase price of only $4,716.90 ours was a bargain too!
:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_1307.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1309.jpg
    IMG_1309.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1310.jpg
    IMG_1310.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1308.jpg
    IMG_1308.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 26

rvrtrash

Even though the price was kind of steep, it feels good having those reports, and the car they're based on, don't it. :grin:

Steve

GT/CS S Code

NIce to have the numbers ....

Oh Yeah! Very cool! :cool:

Funny it didn't mention the console numbers on our Elite report though, and it was a factory installed unit according to the build sheet ....

Still nice to get "the numbers".
:wink:

The sad news is that the car is STILL in the body and paint shop as of today with my guy trying to get it done for us ASAP so that we can get it reassembled in time for July 17th in Bellevue, Washington. Of course he found more trouble that needed to be addressed while it was already apart, so it delayed things by a couple of weeks due to his other work committments. It's getting VERY tight to get it all done in time, so we might not make it down. Bummer ....
:rolleyes: