• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Gt/CS Decals for Sale

Here are the long awaited pics of my decal sets. I have pics of a white set, black set, and silver set, but can make them any possible color you desire. Original colors are black, white, red, and medium metallic blue(I make all of these) I sell these sets for $55.00, right now, I will sell silver set for same price. In a couple of weeks, I will be offering HCS decals sets, for $60.00 a set, I will post pics soon. Pictures are absent of included application tape so I can show you what they look like. Decals are superior to any reproduction available anywhere, bar none. My decals are EXACT Reproductions. On highest quality avery vinyl. Please e-mail me at
mrshelbydallas@hotmail.com

Attachments

• blackdecal.jpg
    blackdecal.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 33

BrandonB

Man nice job those are a very sharp looking set or decals! keep up the good work

Just a reminder.....

Stock stripes only came in black, white, red and medium metallic blue. Silver, Gold, etc...was never made available. The Met. blue is difficult to make, since the material is hard to find.

Of course, use whatever you like for your car, but I just wanted to set the record straight for those into stock restorations.

Remember to fold the stripes under the front of the fender, behind the headlight bucket--and that the scoop screens (and black backing) go OVER the stripes, already applied to the scoop.

Never place the stripe that goes in the front of the fender (wheelwell to front)--between the scoop and the rear wheelwell. This is a common mistake that I've seen many times!

The HCS had shield decals that went on top of a straight stripe on the scoop. Bob Teets should still carry these shield decals, made by the original manufacturer in Colorado for the Ford dealers in '68.

Paul Newitt
GT/CS Registrar

OP
OP
M
I do offer these decals in Mettalic Blue as stated by Mr. Newitt. I also offer concours correct HCS decals sets. Any color is available for customizing purposes. Thanks for the info Mr. Newitt.

Attachments

• DSCN0902.jpg
    DSCN0902.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 19

admin

Staff member
Administrator
[quote author=mrshelbydallas link=board=3;threadid=623;start=0#msg3365 date=1065583996]
Thanks for the info Mr. Teets.
[/quote]
Ummmm...that's Mr. Newitt, not Mr. Teets.

I really doubt that 3M (or whomever) makes a medium blue metallic that EXACTLY matches the original stripe color.

Are you working with an actual 1968 sample of one of these stripes--or is it your best guess from a standard swatch book?

I have a blue stripe sample as part of the registry research...post your color (JPEG), and we'll see.

PMN (not Mr. Teets)

A Pantone # and/or a PMS color code would be fine. Do you have them to post here?

I can check local 3M dealer to see what they have, but I'm still skeptical. So...can you actually get medium blue metallic stripe material? I never got an answer.

Ford contracted with a special stripe company in California in '68 to make these.

I'll get my stripes from Tony Branda Performance to be sure.

PMN