• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Well, my '68 may be heading out.

wally05

Hey guys,

After a lot of thinking, I may end up selling my '68 GT/CS. I have a lot of stuff going on right now and with some future happenings in my life, I'll need the cash. I really like this car, but stuff happens and I may just have to come back to it. I'll be done with the classics for awhile. Anyways, the car is on this site. I'll be selling it with pretty much new condition fogs, fog covers, new flaming river steering box, hurst shifter and install kit and some other stuff that I couldn't get on the car in time.

It's in great shape, Rich knows the condition. Newer brake work, suspension work. All new ignition with ignitor electronic ignition, flamethrower coil and wires. New Edelbrock 4v carb with electric choke. The only problems were the leaking rear main seal that leaked some after each drive and the sloppy steering. Which I have the new steering gearbox and rear main seal for. Other than that, it's pretty much all original. Oh, and the one windshield trim piece that is now gone off the top driver's side. I HAVE ALL PREVIOUS PAPERWORK AND PART DOCUMENTATION PLUS MARTI REPORT TO BACK EVERYTHING UP. It recently got a bunch of work done with all new fluids everywhere and a check up. It's good to go.

Only rust on the car is some service rust on the gas tank inside the trunk. Frame and everything else is solid as can be. The paint is a good 15 footer, but could use some fixing in some chips near the doors and such, but it shines up GREAT. As you can see in the pics. No dents.

1968 Acapulco blue GT/CS J-code with 3-speed manual

-Dealer installed A/C with York compressor (needs restored)
-Non-GT car
-Manual Steering, manual Drum brakes, but stops VERY well and straight.
-New Edelbrock 4v carb with electric choke
-All-matching parts, complete except for the missing windshield trim piece
-New flowmaster 40s
-New ignition setup
-New Ford Cobra valve covers and original open letter cobra air cleaner can be for sale separate or with the car, but you'll have to pay a little extra. They come with everything needed to install them.
-I also have a tach that wires right into the open slot where the clock normally goes. It looks oem, I just haven't installed it yet.
-New Edelbrock 289 performer intake NIB could also go with it, but you'll pay a little extra.

Price: $17,000 NEG. I have put a lot parts and such into it and alot is available to go with it. And I'm in no hurry.

Pictures are available here:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=4162

I can get more pics at request and I'll get some newer shots of the engine bay. I've driven this car when I could when it was nice out and it runs like a top. :)

Email: korey.flinn@gmail.com

I'm putting it up now to generate interest. I'm located in Central Indiana. While it is here, I'll probably install the gearbox and shifter and probably fix the small rear main seal leak. You guys are great. I'm definitely going to stay on the site and such, even if I sell the car. Please pass the word on. :D

Last edited:

chewyz_me

Beautiful car, if i wasn't still paying off my current vehicle i would definately take it off your hands.

I'd offer a trade, but mine is not worth quite as much. such a shame too...

OP
OP
wally05

wally05

Edit!

This is a photo gallery that the prev owner put together last october.
It looks exactly the same except for the new ignition components and
the missing windshield trim on the top drivers side. I'll try to get
more pics. My gallery won't come up. I'm in the process of fixing it. It is an unrestored car that has been maintained very well throughout the years. I'm going to go through the car and update the listing when I get home.

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/3386839/1/189 224101

I did this gallery in November before I stored it...

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/showgalle...

I can get more pics at request and I'll get some newer shots of the engine bay. I've driven this car when I could when it was nice out and it runs like a top. I'm going to try to get my own gallery up and running soon. My pics won't upload. :) Thanks!