• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Tall Corn

Ruppstang

Last weekend some guys from our club came to our home to do a photo shoot of some of our cars and a interview. Here are three in the back yard by the tall corn.
I thought it a appropriate back ground for Nebraska cars.
Marty

Attachments

• Our Mustangs in the corn.jpg
    Our Mustangs in the corn.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Our Mustangs.jpg
    Our Mustangs.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 61
  • BAD_Shelby.jpg
    BAD_Shelby.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

AWESOME!!! Is the carb on the Shelby still behaving?

Rob it is running about as good as a Autolite 4300 can. I found a Holly 4118S that was also used on the 68 GT350. I am thinking of trying it while I am driving the Shelby. After I do a concours restoration on it the 4300 will go back on. Thanks for your help with it, no one made it run like you did!
Marty

robert campbell

Wish you lived in the land of the tall fir trees so we were closer together. I would love to have that Shelby in my shop for one or two days to do some minor tweaks to the 4300 and her engine. They are the most stubburn carbs I work on. Personally I think they had some inherent problems when brand new when coupled with the emmision control stuff.

Rob

Mosesatm

It's a great carb when it's running correctly. My J-code really woke up when I installed the one you rebuilt. It worked much better than the 4100 I was using.

rvrtrash

Wish you lived in the land of the tall fir trees so we were closer together. I would love to have that Shelby in my shop for one or two days to do some minor tweaks to the 4300 and her engine. They are the most stubburn carbs I work on. Personally I think they had some inherent problems when brand new when coupled with the emmision control stuff.

Rob

Which is why the correct 4300 for a Boss 351 is so hard to find, and expensive. Everyone took them off, threw them away and installed Holley 750's.

Steve