• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS Project on Craigslist

nineofive

This one is in my neck of the woods. New England.
In the process of checking it out.
1) current owner believes it is a parts only car - "it is in rough shape outside and in" typical rust, missing or damage to the cosmetics: side scoops, spoiler and quarter panel extensions plus the bonus of a little front end damage from being "stored near heavy equipment"
2) he's had it parked for 17 years. It was purchased as a donor for the fog lights for his 69 Shelby.
3) checking title availability - was clean in 1987 - last time it was registered. It has changed hands at least once since then - so this could be a tall order.
Ordering a Marti - this is appears to be March / April production run car.
Of course I'll have to move out the current family of squirrels if it is a worthwhile project

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Nineofive is correct: owner informed that is very rusty since it was in the elements for a lot of years. The grille is in good shape and has fog light switch no fiberglass whatsoever. He is accepting offers.

Mosesatm

Please be sure to give Mike the VIN for the registry.

Thanks

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Nineofive: Did you get the Marti on this car? Please let us know your findings about this one

nineofive

Sorry for the delay - holidays and all - Marti report came in on 11/21 forwarded the Marti to Mike the same day it came in.
This one is Feb 16 CS.

Based on some other photos - this is parts car.
No CS parts left, has not moved in 17 years, sunk axle deep, etc.
Not sure what "parts" are usable.
I was considering reincarnating this one but no longer.

Attachments

• rptMain_876.pdf
    287.6 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Thanks nineofive! I spoke to owner and he told me that the parts were the fog light switch and the grille but he wants 2k!! Too expensive for a rotten shell,I like the color of sunlit gold