• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Gold GT/CS on eBay

franklinair

I had this problem with a '68 many years ago. It appears that the cowl panel is a galvanized type of metal that oxidizes under the paint, causing the paint to peel off. It must be treated & neutralized in order for the paint to adhere.

franklinair

They're looking for a home run, quick buck. I spoke with the selling agent when it was last listed. The current photos also show paint scrape/chipped on the decklid. When reality sets in, they'll realize they have a $15K car, unless someone falls in love with it, as is. Its a good looking car that has potential, but needs some TLC & cosmetics. I'd have to check it out more closely (eng, trans, A/C, etc) to determine value versus repair costs. As I said, it looks to have potential but its priced way too high IMO.
Neil

franklinair

The ad says "Make Offer" rather than the bidding process. Three offers declined so far. Wonder what the offers were. Obviously not $22,990 as the Buy It Now price lists. LOL
Neil Hoppe

Mustanglvr

This car looks to be in great shape from the pics.

But what do you think happened to the area behind the hood, where the paint is peeling?

Maybe there had been a fire or extreme heat under that part of the hood at one time.

The "original" black plate has the year "68" hand painted on it.

franklinair

I hadn't noticed the "personal touch" on the black plate. The paint problem on the cowl is due to the metal oxidizing, and the paint losing its bond. The cowls (I've seen this before) seem to be some sort of galvanized metal. I had the same problem on a '68 coupe I had many years ago (also in Florida's high humidity).
Neil Hoppe

chill

The ad says "Make Offer" rather than the bidding process. Three offers declined so far. Wonder what the offers were. Obviously not $22,990 as the Buy It Now price lists. LOL
Neil Hoppe

ok offers were $12111,$10100,& 19000

chill

They're looking for a home run, quick buck. I spoke with the selling agent when it was last listed. The current photos also show paint scrape/chipped on the decklid. When reality sets in, they'll realize they have a $15K car, unless someone falls in love with it, as is. Its a good looking car that has potential, but needs some TLC & cosmetics. I'd have to check it out more closely (eng, trans, A/C, etc) to determine value versus repair costs. As I said, it looks to have potential but its priced way too high IMO.
Neil

not looking 4 a home run we paid 20k and do this for a living have 1400 cars and trucks 4 sale ....just trying to survive

chill

I hadn't noticed the "personal touch" on the black plate. The paint problem on the cowl is due to the metal oxidizing, and the paint losing its bond. The cowls (I've seen this before) seem to be some sort of galvanized metal. I had the same problem on a '68 coupe I had many years ago (also in Florida's high humidity).
Neil Hoppe

thanks for understanding that we could cover it up but this is a true survivor car that only has 2 blimishes on it ........my brother was born in 69 he only wishes he could say that

franklinair

Chill;
It is a handsome car. Check your PM. I'm sending info regarding your car.
Neil Hoppe