• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What is the Coolest Thing??

PFSlim

I am sure each one of us has a cool story to tell about driving or owning our cars. Thought it would be cool if we could share those memories of the most "coolest moment" or "coolest thing that happened".

Mine was having my daughter beg me to take her to school in the GT/CS. As we approached the school, the buses were all lined up to let the kids off the bus. We pull up to the "kid" drop off zone, she opens the door and gets out. By then, most of the kids and a few of the bus drivers are stopped dead in their tracks looking at the GT/CS. It was cool to drive away and have so much attention paid to the car.

Another is driving from one town to another with my brother in his cobra. As we cruise along, folks were driving like crazy to get along side of both of us to give us thumbs up and wave. It was a 30 min trip up and 30 min trip back but time well spent!!

Paul

joedls

Not that I'm saying I did this, but this would be really cool. You are at a stoplight and a new Hemi-powered Charger is next to you and starts to rev his engine. When the light turns green the Charger gets the jump on you because you're just frying your tires. But once traction is achieved you catch up to the Charger and kind of play with him for a second or two, then away you go laughing maniacally.

Of course you would have to do something about your tires after that, like purchase wider, stickier tires.

Now that would be cool!!!!

rvrtrash

So which tires did you get? :wink:

Steve (Dad to you and you can't fool dad)

John McGilvary

The coolest thing for me was the drags in 69, with a fine looking chic and;

Sitting on the starting line looking over at a new 454 Vet.
Listening to the anouncer say, " look at the little CS that wants to run with the big dogs "
Then after kicking the Vets ass, lining up the second time and listening to the anouncer eat his words.

That was COOL and the girl thought so too.

John

Midnight Special

Attachments

• joedlslick.jpg copy.jpg
    joedlslick.jpg copy.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 28

Midnight Special

...In driving a CS to work almost every day, I frankly have too many stories to be able to choose :) But without doubt - among the coolest things lately was:

a) Mike's completion of his dream & my first GT/CS (unimaginable 25 years ago).

b) Mike & Robinette's fantastic party (unimaginable 5 years ago:).

c) Donna, Marion and Don et-al and the Mustang parade from the Big House to the party! I am still hearing from folks who saw us go by and the awesome impression we made (unimaginable 2 years ago:).

Lesson learned: Be careful what you wish for. Failure to be "specific" can lead to unimaginable consequences!

Attachments

• Miketim.jpeg
    Miketim.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 41
  • attachmen.jpeg
    attachmen.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 31
  • c3.jpeg
    c3.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

How about coming out of a pizza shop to pick up a "to go" order with your 12 year old daughter only to find a car stopped in the parking lot with two women out taking pictures of your car with cell phone camera's. That was a cool day as well.

Paul

sam

The best is when I'm at the gas station, and usually one or a few will come over with their jaws hanging open and gawking at my car. For me it's a humbeling experience, and I am ready to answer questions and talk about the car.....but not really over zealous. Even though I've owned her for 10 years, to this day I am so proud, and can't really believe how fortunate I am. The other thing that's nice is the people you meet...........all kinds..........doctor, lawyer, Indian Chief, regular people etc....who all have a story about a car or the one they had.
Sam

Midnight Special

The best is when I'm at the gas station, and usually one or a few will come over with their jaws hanging open and gawking at my car. For me it's a humbeling experience, and I am ready to answer questions and talk about the car.....but not really over zealous. Even though I've owned her for 10 years, to this day I am so proud, and can't really believe how fortunate I am. The other thing that's nice is the people you meet...........all kinds..........doctor, lawyer, Indian Chief, regular people etc....who all have a story about a car or the one they had.
Sam

...AMEN to all that! Local mini-marts, car washes and Starbucks are equally social :)

p51

A while back I had my GT/CS parked out in the driveway while I was in the garage moving some boxes. Two ~10yr old kids went riding by on their bikes and I overheard the following:

"Hey, look, a *real* mustang!"

"Wow! Cool!"

Couldn't have said it better myself. Made my day.... :smile:

hotrodgrany

As all you do with your 68's, my 07 has the same responce. I was at my daughters this past week and when my Granddaughter was getting off the bus, they said to her, Wow, who's car is that and she told them, it's her Grandma's they couldn't believe a Grandma drove a sports car. My Grandson came home a wanted to drive mine, but of course, not without me. He got a call on his cell asking what was he doing, he told them, driving my Grandma's car, and you see, it was my 07 GT/CS. These GT/CS either be it the 68's or the new ones, always head turners.
And I hads to have the oil changed in it this past week as well, but was at another dealeraship than I go to, as I was on vacation. A salesman said what an awsome looking Mustang, and the one who was in charge of the oil change, said the California Special Mustangs are the best.

hotrodgrany

While I was at work last week, I was asked, what does CS mean on my 07 GT/CS. Had to tell him, California Special and proceeded to explain. He said he wasn't a Ford fan, but liked mine, I guess his son was interested in getting a new Mustang.I also told him there is only one more in my area that I knew of, but said he hadn't seen one. I am loving it, so glad I desided on a GT/CS.