• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

April 1990 Mustang Monthly GT/CS Article

Mosesatm

Here are some pages from the April 1990 Mustang Monthly article on California Specials. If anyone wants the full-size scans let me know and I'll send them to you. There is also a black GT/CS with red stripes that didn't seem to upload.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Here is the black one.

Last edited:

Mustanglvr

Very interesting. I notice that they don`t talk about the rarity of the GT/CS.

Diesel Donna

The red car with black stripes is the same one that is featured in my collector trading cards.

~~~~Donna

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Mustanglvr said:
Very interesting. I notice that they don`t talk about the rarity of the GT/CS.

Rhonda, I didn't post the entire article but I can if anyone wants it.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

It ended up being only 3 pages so here they are. It looks like everything came out of Paul's first book, which would make sense since it was only 2 years after it was published.

Last edited:

mmarsalone

The 6 cyl. Sunlit Gold car was on Ebay this past summer. I don't remember if it sold or what the final bid was.

I use a copy of the front of this issue on my display for car shows, simply because my car is Sunlit Gold also.

Mike

Invertedflyby

I used to have that magazine. My 10th grade English teacher took it from me in '92 for reading it in class. I still remember her putting it in the bottom drawer of her desk. She was normally pretty cool and I thought it was no big deal that I'd get it back in a few weeks when she cooled down. When I asked for it back a few weeks or months later she had thrown it away! I was mad but there wasn't much I could do. I'd like to have a copy.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Here are the missing photos.

Jochlela,
If you haven't found it here is a thread with other gold cars in it.

Attachments

• Mustang Monthly Cover Reduced.JPG
    Mustang Monthly Cover Reduced.JPG
    203.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Mustang Monthly Gold Page 40 Reduced.JPG
    Mustang Monthly Gold Page 40 Reduced.JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Mustang Monthly Gold Page 41 Reduced.JPG
    Mustang Monthly Gold Page 41 Reduced.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Mustang Monthly Red Page 42 Reduced.JPG
    Mustang Monthly Red Page 42 Reduced.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Mustang Monthly Red Page 43 Reduced.JPG
    Mustang Monthly Red Page 43 Reduced.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Mustang Monthly Yellow Page 44 Reduced.JPG
    Mustang Monthly Yellow Page 44 Reduced.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Mustang Monthly Yellow Page 45 Reduced.JPG
    Mustang Monthly Yellow Page 45 Reduced.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Mustang Monthly Black Beauty Reduced.jpg
    Mustang Monthly Black Beauty Reduced.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 27

jochlela

Thanks for the photos Mosesatm. A great cover shot if you haver a Sunlit Gold CS....which I do.

I bought the Sunlit Gold restored by Don Vogel, which featured in the February 1990 Mustang Monthly, from the Mechanical Guy (Steve). I'm very happy with the car and the support from Steve in buying his car.

I'm chasing the Mustang Monthly 30th Anniversary collector cards if you come accross a set as my car was on one of the 30 cards....too good to be true.

Robert....do you mind sending a copy of the magazine to Australia? It is a shame that a CS that spent all its time in Washington is now in Australia but it has came even more unique.

John

robert campbell

John,
Give me an address and she be yours. Steve and I have spent some time together this summer. He is a great mechanic and a wealth of knowledge on Fords. I would never hesitate to buy any car from him!! Top notch guy!

Rob

ari guy

Will try this again: Hey fellows {and ladies},
Trying to pull this article up, but cant for some reason. I think the black car with red stripes may be mine. If it is mine the article may say the owner was a Steve ? in Kansas City, Mo. Jeff Yergovich did the paint on the car. Delux interior with J code motor? Is any of this correct? Thanks in advance for any answers.

James476

Ari,

That's definitely your car. Steve, Kansas City, Jeff Yergovich - it's all in the article. Very nice looking CS!