• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Anyone ever commishened an artist to do there car...

Canuck CSter

I have been planning to do this for many years, and finally think I'm going to set it up.

My question to the group is, has anyone one ever had an artist do and oil or any other style of representation of there cars as an art peice.

Just ask'in.

Midnight Special

...I can do color pencil. Mostly locomotives and aircraft so far & some cars, but only drawings... Oils and acrylics would likely be best for cars. I'll bet you would do very well. :)

Attachments

• f7f-3.jpg
    f7f-3.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Engine 2070.jpg
    Engine 2070.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 14
  • jalopy tiff.jpg
    jalopy tiff.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 17
  • F105 copy.jpg
    F105 copy.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 16
  • bluF7F copy.jpg
    bluF7F copy.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 15
  • A-4 copy.jpg
    A-4 copy.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Engine 5 with backgr.jpg
    Engine 5 with backgr.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 18
  • t33-es.jpg
    t33-es.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

PFSlim

If I was going to have someone do my car, the man would be Tim. I like his stuff very much and don't think you can get any better.

Just my opinion of course!!

Paul

Perkchiro

Tim: Very,very nice artwork. As one who has no artistic talent myself, I am just a little jealous!!!:icon_lol:

Steve

luisa2552

I want to look into having a photo of my car blown up and put onto my snowboard. Not exactly art, but it will be pretty cool if it can be done.

OP
OP
C

Canuck CSter

I motion for Tim to be our guy to maybe take orders with provided pics, and offer at a profit of coarse some sort of artwork, for us. Please...

I will send photos first and will talk funds for services and see what he can do, I do believe it will be this would be good for us all.

My belief, is a picture of an old car one use to have on the wall is precived as holding on to the past, BUT a art piece is for ever and proud to have at one time.

Just my thoughts and I will put my cash where my typeing is.

Tim I will send you a pic if you send me a price...

DR in Ottawa

Midnight Special

...Thank you for your confidence, but please, let me experiment a little bit to make sure I could do the justice for your beautiful cars. As I mentioned before; oils and acrylics would be a better medium of which I'm not experienced. 'Tell you what; give me a month to do one & post it here & we'll see what you think. In the meantime - keep the door open for a "painter" should one be among us to fill the bill. It's too early yet to come up w/ a price however...

Sara - I believe we can put your picture on your snowboard as well as purses, charms, decorative tiles, signs & more. Contact Sharon at www.horsedesigns.com .

Attachments

• F-15 copy-e.jpg
    F-15 copy-e.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 14

marie68csmustangs

Yeah, Tim's a great drawer but, He doesn't really call himself an artist.. He's self taught, and been trying to teach me how to draw. Which I'm getting better at with practice..

I wanted him to draw a picture of my car - a 1998 Saturn SL2.. a nice car but, no CA special! He might take a while to come up with a drawing, He's one busy guy!!

Marie

Attachments

• nsmail91.jpg
    nsmail91.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 28

BroadwayBlue

luisa2552 said:
I want to look into having a photo of my car blown up and put onto my snowboard. Not exactly art, but it will be pretty cool if it can be done.

Sara,
Did you mean to say sNowboard?
Or did you mean sHowboard for car shows?

Either would be cool