• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Crushing Cars

GTCSMustang

Frequently on Sunday morings I go to the local wrecking yard and look around. I know the manager and even though they are closed he lets me stroll up and down the rows of cars. They are crushing cars more and more frequently as the price of steel goes up. Anything with a blue "X" has a short life. Just thought I'd show you some pictures of some of the Mustangs.

Scott

Attachments

• DSC01005.JPG
    DSC01005.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC01010.JPG
    DSC01010.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC01009.JPG
    DSC01009.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC01008.JPG
    DSC01008.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC01007.JPG
    DSC01007.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC01006.JPG
    DSC01006.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Some more pictures.

Scott

Attachments

• DSC01011.JPG
    DSC01011.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC01012.JPG
    DSC01012.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC01013.JPG
    DSC01013.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC01016.JPG
    DSC01016.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC01017.JPG
    DSC01017.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 43

Mosesatm

Hey Jason, Bill and I had a long visit with Bruce yesterday. Interesting guy.

Speaking of unusual....he has a beautiful Candyapple Red '68 CJ convertible sitting in his shop!

ever find anything unusual out there?

390cs68rcode

Hey Jason, Bill and I had a long visit with Bruce yesterday. Interesting guy.

Speaking of unusual....he has a beautiful Candyapple Red '68 CJ convertible sitting in his shop!

he's been working on that vert off and on for 3-4 years. How complete was it? I am anxious to see it driving around.

Bruce knows his stuff pretty well. He put in my AC in the CS and did some other stuff to my car. He is a good guy.

Mosesatm

He said it was going out the door to the owner (no engine, trans, or interior) this week.

he's been working on that vert off and on for 3-4 years. How complete was it? I am anxious to see it driving around.

Bruce knows his stuff pretty well. He put in my AC in the CS and did some other stuff to my car. He is a good guy.

speedy02

Seeing this topic made me start thinking about something. I have never asked only on here if they may know where a 1961 Ford Starliner is?? My dad has been looking for one for some time now and I didn't know if any of you have seen any in the junkyard or if anyone knows a person with one for sale.

Diesel Donna

Scott,
That wouldn't happen to be the wrecking yard in Pearsonville is it?

~~~~Donna

J_Speegle

Looks like I need to make a trip south (after compiling a decent list of where to visit) to document all the details I can collect. Nor Cal has kept me busy but should check out some other areas it seems. (Doing Colorado later this year possible and part of AZ)

Mustanglvr

You`de think they could auction off those Mustangs that are going to be crushed. Are they worth more as scrap iron?

Diesel Donna

Donna,

Yep, same yard you went to out here.

Scott

And is the manager a guy named DJ? He was very nice but I tell you, I would never do business there again with old man Pearson....he was the rudest person I ever met in my life. (I hear that he died last year anyhow) I bought a rear end out of a hearse from him for my ambulance, and he was extremely rude and took that giant forklift of his and dumped the axle in the back of my truck very hard and then scraped the forks out, damaging my tailgate top edge. I almost got my arm caught under the axle as he dropped it. I hear his mother is as mean as he was!
However they do have a great wrecking yard....!

68gt390

You'd think you cold reuse some of the glass at least. I know sometimes glass pieces are hard to find.

Don :rolleyes:

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Donna,

You and I talked on the phone about the Personville yard last July. It was a warm summer night in the desert and I was drinking vodka and orange juice...then I ran out of OJ so just switched to vodka (seemed like a reasonable thing to do at the time). Don't remember much of our conversation after that but I'm sure I was brilliant and insightful...right?

Anyway, Mr. Pearson (the old lady's son) is dead. And the old lady doesn't show up out there much anymore. D.J. runs the day-to-day ops.

Scott

CougarCJ

I have been in that yard myself. The old lady is very sweet. I think she is Hub Cap Annie? I had heard that Bruce had died. Definitely not a people person. There are literally 1000's of cars in that yard. Lots from way back in the 50's. Most everything is cherry picked for the good stuff, but they get a lot of cars from the Lancaster/Palmdale area. I think that Bruce owned one or two pick a part type yards in Lancaster. All of the old stuff went into the Pearsonville yard. The town, dirt track, and family are Pearson.

Diesel Donna

Donna,

You and I talked on the phone about the Personville yard last July. It was a warm summer night in the desert and I was drinking vodka and orange juice...then I ran out of OJ so just switched to vodka (seemed like a reasonable thing to do at the time). Don't remember much of our conversation after that but I'm sure I was brilliant and insightful...right?

Anyway, Mr. Pearson (the old lady's son) is dead. And the old lady doesn't show up out there much anymore. D.J. runs the day-to-day ops.

Scott

OOOHHHH!! ...So you DO remember our conversation! hahahaaaa! you mean you don't remember the part about wanting me to have a couple of your cars?
Yeah the old man was a bitter nasty person. His mom (The Hub Cap Queen) was fairly nice to me and D.J. was very very nice.
I was just up your way on President's day weekend, went to Bishop. I still eyeball those fire trucks every time I drive by that yard.

chevyfreak

Looking at used to be gorgeous cars in the junkyard breaks my heart.

CougarCJ

I have been in that yard myself. The old lady is very sweet. I think she is Hub Cap Annie? I had heard that Bruce had died. Definitely not a people person. There are literally 1000's of cars in that yard. Lots from way back in the 50's. Most everything is cherry picked for the good stuff, but they get a lot of cars from the Lancaster/Palmdale area. I think that Bruce owned one or two pick a part type yards in Lancaster. All of the old stuff went into the Pearsonville yard. The town, dirt track, and family are Pearson.

Visited the Pearsonville yard today. Don Pearson passed away a year ago. His mother's name is Lucy. I had the names wrong.

For anyone planning a visit. They are open for walk in customers Tuesday and Thursdays only. From 9-1PM.

DJ is a really cool guy and was helpful in that he drove me around and is a people person. He brings customer service to the yard.
His exact words. LOL

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

I was out there again last Sunday. All the Mustangs in the pictures I took are gone. Crushed and have already departed the yard.

Scott